Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angela
Sep 10, 2006
It can be really fun to go down with the ship.
umm... does neurobiofeedback actually work for inattentive ADD? I was diagnosed recently (no, actually a few months ago but until now nothing's been done about it because everyone around me is a gigantic loving flake)

and since I'm 16 and my parents don't want me to be on medication because "there's nothing wrong with you you're just really lazy and don't put any effort into anything because kids are brats today", I feel kind of trapped in this haha.

Also I'm really tired, depressed and obsessive all the time, and I was wondering if that has anything to do with this? Or will I just have to live with that too, huh.

Even if it does work, it's taking way too long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angela
Sep 10, 2006
It can be really fun to go down with the ship.

Qu Appelle posted:

If it is affecting your schoolwork (I'm assuming that you're in school), see if you can talk to your teachers and/or school counselors about it.

I told maybe two teachers and they were more receptive to taking late work, and I'm already in a study hall. Tests aren't a problem for me- in fact throughout the past two years they've always brought up my grade to make up for the fact that I'm not good about homework...

So I did go to the school counselor, but she pretty much brushed me off saying "getting good grades takes hard work you know! Besides what's the problem, you're doing a lot better!" She pretty much brushed me off. and besides, my parents did already start paying for the neurobiofeedback sessions so my dad was like "if you go to anyone else about this, I'll lose all of that".

Anyway, school isn't TOO much of a problem for me this year, I don't think so anyway (except for one class), but not wanting to do extracurricular things like clubs and sports is, and my grades last year aren't too good.
It really hurts me socially, everyone thinks of me as a total ditz and nothing else. (...also I really want to learn to drive but I'm kind of scared to right now)

(okay I'm regretting signing up with my real name right now)