Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MixMasterMalaria
Jul 26, 2007

Stofoleez posted:

Did you ever experience a kind of mental paralysis or anxiety when you had to do a thing? Like, when I'm unmedicated, if I'm doing something like reading a book or watching television or staring at a wall, and I know I need to take a shower, I'll become physically ill at the possibility of making myself do anything other than what I'm paying attention to. In school and professional life, this...revulsion isn't the word, and neither is illness, but the anxiety of it just drives me over the edge.

Shesh, this is me. The problem I've faced is that, as a chronic sufferer of tensions headaches, the stimulants made me miserable and welbutrine literally did nothing. I've gone without medication for a while thinking that I could go it alone my last year of grad school but after months of zero progress on my thesis I've got to make some changes. Any suggestions?

edit: I should say that the stimulants worked fine but after they wore off I'd have a monster headache nearly every evening, so I ended up just refusing to take them. Maybe some kind of benzo to take the edge off?

MixMasterMalaria fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Sep 21, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU