Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
Hi, so after years of suspecting and one year of having three different therapists outright say to me "You almost certainly have some kind of attention disorder" I've finally accepted that I probably do and am working on getting a formal diagnosis and also actively attempting to do better.

In other news my relationship with my wife is not going great because of poo poo like cleanliness issues and putting things away. Possibly related!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
What should i be looking for in a diagnostic test?

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
My therapist is recommending some pyschologists to get a formal diagnosis, so it's more just go to expert trust what expert says?

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
Anybody else break things?

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
See i had the opposite experience, coke never did much for me. Even as i watched a few of my friends get scary addicted! (They're better now)

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
Oh hey. That's the feeling that wakes me up at 3am, when i am sometimes able to crank out paperwork.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
I'm lucky as hell and don't have any bad side effects from my normal dose of adderal. Worst that happens is I sometimes forget to eat lunch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Zurtilik posted:

How much of an obvious effect are ADHD meds supposed to be? Should I obviously feel different? I feel like I don't notice much, but my wife swears up and down they help me when I take them. So maybe they work and I suck as self-assessing. Or maybe another med/higher dose would satisfy us both? Idk.

Personally speaking I notice but it's good that your wife notices a difference. I'd talk to your psych about trying a higher dose to see if you notice, when I was dialing in it on Adderal it went "okay I feel different, I'm noticing an effect, it's working but not as much as it could, theeeere we go."