Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tussin Grimace
Oct 23, 2007

cahsin mahney busta
I'm a junior in high school and the more I look into it, the more I think I might have ADHD. It often seems like my mind is running a million miles a minute and I can't do anything about it. I feel like there is multiple "tabs" open in my brain and I can't focus on just one thing. I'm extremely disorganized, but unnecessary clutter makes me want to shoot myself as I find it really distracting (it doesn't help that my mom is a huge packrat). My hands are always fidgeting with something, and during class I'm often messing with my pen and chewing on the cap. I'm a horrible procrastinator, which is a large part in my school failures. Despite having an extensive vocabulary (better than anyone I know my age), getting 32 composite on the practice ACT (haven't taken the real deal yet), and having people with top 10 class ranks tell me I'm smarter than them, my weighted GPA is like 2.8. Things happen to me like my mom asking me to do something while I'm on the computer, and apparently I'll respond with something like "Ok 10 minutes", and she'll get pissed at me a hour later and I'll have honestly no recollection of being asked anything.

I've talked to my mom about it, but she just thinks I want an excuse for being lazy/to get high (I smoke weed but don't really do any other drugs or drink). I took a 20mg adderall xr once, and it was like the exact opposite of being hosed up, unless you consider actually being able to concentrate and remember things being hosed up.

It took me like 20 minutes to write this post.

edit: reading through more of this thread, I also have the hearing issues that many complain about. I think I'm going to try again to get my mother to take me to the doctor.

Tussin Grimace fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Jan 21, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tussin Grimace
Oct 23, 2007

cahsin mahney busta

Paramemetic posted:

20mg of Adderall wouldn't gently caress anybody up, but it would make anybody into a studying and focusing machine. That's why college students take it.

The issue is that I have problems focusing normally and it took care of that. I don't even want adderall specifically, I would be fine with a non-stimulant like strattera but adderall would be nice of course.