Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

Qu Appelle posted:

I've been on Wellbutrin SR or XL for nearly 10 years; in my experience, the name brand drug was a godsend, but the generic was so bad that my doc took me off the drug completely. If you are prescribed the SR or XL version of the drug, and you get the generic, some people had problems with the timing mechanism of the drug not releasing the active chemical in a consistent fashion. In me, this caused massive mood swings, and intense feelings of rage and self-loathing. So that may be something to look out for.

I just got prescribed Wellbutrin SR 100mg twice a day for depression and focus problems, and I can attest to this for the generic. I had been off any kind of mood-affecting medication for over 10 years, and I can say that the effects of this are sometimes immediate, sometimes no so much. I haven't gotten to any kind of rage feelings, but after taking a tablet of this, I have 10-20 minutes before it kicks in, followed by an intense boost of energy and concentration, and that can last for one to three hours. I am left with the nice mood-lifting effects for another 3 hours or so, but it's definitely not consistent. If I want to be able to study, I must take it right before I start studying, which makes the timing pretty irritating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Qu Appelle posted:

Yeah, that sucks.

Even if you decide to stay on it, definitely report this to your doctor. Supposedly the generics are 'safe', but when I reported it to my doc, he said that bad timed release in the generics were so prevalent that he had multiple calls a week from his patients on this.

Brought it up with her today and basically she was like "I don't remember if you are supposed to be able to split it but try it out to space out your doses."

It works with my clonazepam, I'll have to ask my pharmacist if this is even close to kosher. I mean, they're non-canister tablets, they ought to be alright... right?

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Effexxor posted:

I've done something similar with my Adderall and it definitely works with stimulants. Not sure about it with Wellbutrin. But I have to say, I've never had an issue taking generic Adderall.

Also, had an awesome conversation with my psychiatrist about the ridiculous price of health care. When I told him that my prescription cost me $100, his response was 'You can make stimulants in a bathtub, how can they charge that much?'. I also told him about this thread and he was thrilled/a little shocked that we were all so pro-medication.

It's a physical problem. Just because you say "mental health" doesn't mean it's not a real thing.

Also I work as a pharmacy technician, so I see the cash prices for drugs all the time. They're stupid. It kills me to see people begrudgingly fork over ridiculous amounts of money if they need a painkiller that's more effective than hydrocodone, and it's even worse when you see people who just plain can't afford it. I had to use some "community assistance" discount card myself to lower the cost of the generic Wellbutrin to 56 bucks. I can only justify it because I'm old enough now that not being able to focus and remember poo poo is loving crippling and it's the whole reason I'm working as a goddamn pharmacy technician instead of working on an actual career.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Xenoid posted:

Are there not generic amphetamines? I also imagine a big part of the price is your being in the USA.

Generic for Adderall is just amphetamine salts. And yeah being in the USA sucks for the lower class if you want decent health care. My employer isn't about to give me health insurance, and I don't make enough money to afford it on my own, and there are tons of people in the same situation.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

For people who use Wellbutrin- I am told by my psych and pharmacist that alcohol makes wellbutrin not work. To what extent is this the case? I really like good beers/bourbons/cocktails etc and I would like to be able to have some drinks now and then and still have my drugs work. :(

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Qu Appelle posted:

Yeah.

"You just need to TRY HARDER."

:suicide:

Probably the worst thing about growing up for me was constant disappointment following my parent's getting IQ testing for me, because of the "I know you can do better than this" bullshit. Glad I found this thread.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Jose Rizal posted:

Does anyone else with ADHD have an inconveniently high sex drive/sex drive that is higher than most people of your age and gender? I'm sure I'll appreciate this when I'm 40, but right now it is really annoying.

edit: haha what a goofy way to start the new page

I do

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Qu Appelle posted:

I've also had coworkers comment to me that I 'flail' and move around lot, and they find it distracting. It got better when the chance to do something really physical came up, I was like "Oh please! Gimme something where I have to move around! Yes!" I've also gotten scolded for butting into conversations, so that's something I also watch.

There is only one person I have at my job who is willing to have a conversation about things like movement and shapes in 4-dimensional space, cosmology, etc.. The rest find me very annoying when I try to have a conversation about anything that I'm interested in.

Also, my coworkers comment that I "move funny" and it "freaks them out." Basically I move like I am dancing a little bit. Instead of shuffling my feet around to turn, I pivot on the balls or heels of my feet. When I need to reach something low, I drop into a squat instead of bending over and groaning like a normal person. I position my feet in seemingly awkward positions so that I can bend over and cover a much wider area with my hands without falling, so I don't have to walk and squat back and forth to put things in their place on the wall. Apparently that's weird. Go figure.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

So my university offers learning disability testing through the Regents' Center for Learning Disorders and hooooly poo poo do they want a lot of paperwork from me before they give me 8 hours of testing for 500 dollars. These guys are going to get a goddamn accordion file worth of childhood records and writing samples.

Qu Appelle posted:

He wasn't OK with that, but no matter how I explained it, he couldn't (or wouldn't) understand that I had basically enough brain power and energy to get up, go to work, do just enough to not get fired, go home, heat up a can of soup for dinner, and then play World of Warcraft until I went to bed. That was it. Then, I got an actual diagnosis.

Then I got some motherfucking :catdrugs:, and my world just completely changed. I have done more studying in the past year for Software Development/IT stuff than I have in literally the past decade before. (Of course, I'm unemployed now, but I'm spending my spare time job hunting and teaching myself JavaScript. And I haven't played WoW in almost three years.)

Man after I finally hit up a doctor and just got some drat wellbutrin all of a sudden my new career goal is to go ahead and aim for a doctorate and shoot for the top in academia, when just a few months ago I was like "I just want a loving job, man"

signalnoise fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Dec 8, 2010

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Aculard posted:

Does wellbutrin help you a lot as an antidepressant? I'm stuck on adderall xr 20mg for now which isn't bad, but I still get some pretty bad waves of sadness/anxiety everyday for no reason, or way out of proportion to the reason that caused it. Wellbutrin is an SNRI and not a SSRI right?

I don't know what SNRI or SSRI means, I just started this stuff. Basically my experience over the past month has been this-

First week, every time I took it I got a burst of energy and focus. That doesn't happen anymore. However, my suicidal thoughts stopped. Like, I just stopped having them. It used to be that while doing my job, or driving, or whatever, I would just reflect on how worthless everything I was doing seemed.

I had this little problem solving matrix in my head that looked like this: If I do the things I am supposed to do to get ahead in life, I gently caress up. If I do the things I actually want to do, I get punished for it, so I have no way to be happy or successful. Killing myself would be a whole lot easier than enduring it anymore, but I won't do that because I have people who care about me that would be hurt, plus I would have to find some way to do it without leaving a mess. If I didn't have the network of people who cared about me that tied me down to where I was living, I would be able to just go ahead and flip that switch, but then again if no one cared where I was, I could go do whatever I want. So I don't know if I would actually kill myself if I didn't have anyone to disappoint, but either way that would be a relief.

That thought used to echo in my mind daily. One month later, I remember it, but I don't dwell on it anymore. I can think about the fact that I'm making progress. That's really where this new drive comes from. Instead of thinking I'm chained by financial slavery, I can say gently caress it and shoot for the stars. I'm smart enough for it anyway, and my professors say I would do well in academia based on the way I write.

On the other hand, I got a prescription for clonazepam to handle my anxiety problems when I get a serious wave of it. It's great for that, but now I am much more aware of when I have those feelings, since I have a way to shut them out. As a result, I am taking it more often than I thought I would, and in higher doses (taking .5mg instead of the .25mg I originally took). I don't want to build up a tolerance for an anxiety medication, and I don't want to have these anxiety attacks more often or something like that as a result of some kind of downer effect from not taking it.

Funny thing about my anxiety though is I only get anxiety attacks from feelings of failure. I just ruminate over things I could potentially gently caress up, be it test scores or whatever. In my experience, people who talk about having some anxiety to work though say they have problems with it in public speaking or something like that, but I'm the opposite. I get anxiety when I am alone with my thoughts, and I am great when it comes to public speaking.

I still need to see about getting this learning disorder poo poo handled though. The feeling of increased focus I had during those first few days with the wellbutrin were incredible. If I could have that much focus every day, I feel like I could make a ridiculous amount of progress in my life in a very short amount of time. Compared to how much I was able to get done in that short span of time compared to how I regularly feel, I am loving crippled. If that's what other people have normally, then just holy loving poo poo. I mean, if the level of focus I'm capable of is really that far below normal, that changes how I feel about a lot of things.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Aculard posted:

Not having sudden thoughts of wanting to die for pretty much no reason is...it sounds pretty great actually.

Yeah that one is kind of a bitch

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Gotta admit it is cool to know that other people have the "Yeah I have suicidal thoughts constantly but I don't actually want to kill myself what of it" thing. It's really a weird phenomenon to me, having suicidal thoughts by compulsion or whatever. It's like the "don't think of a pink elephant" trick only as "don't think of killing yourself."

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

I also just wanna say that my statistical business analysis professor's idea of a final exam is a 48-hour time limit to write 4 essays to display all we know about the chosen topics, with a 7 page limit each, and holy poo poo this is a goddamn mental endurance test. I am usually really good at writing essays because I can condense a lot of information about different things into a single, concise document, but 4 of them simultaneously is kicking my attention span's rear end.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Holy poo poo reading those two excepts just made me go :aaa:

I have actually told people that they should lie to me and push up deadlines to put more pressure on me to do things. I know that the more time I have to do something, the less likely I am to actually do it, and I have just learned to deal with this by saying I work better under pressure. I hadn't really considered that it's more because of the fact that I can't maintain my focus for that long.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Having read that article and actually looked up the diagnosis criteria I really wish I had thought about getting help for this poo poo sooner. I am certain that I would have gotten a better job by now if I had looked for assistance. I mean, one of the criteria is talking excessively, and that is a key reason why I bomb interviews. I just cannot shut the gently caress up, even though every book I read about interviews tells me to shut my mouth and answer the loving questions and stop talking as soon as I can.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Qu Appelle posted:

My original GP didn't think my ADHD was a problem because I had graduated college and was holding down a software job making a decent salary.

What he didn't know was that college degree took me 5 1/2 years to get, was basically in one of the fluffiest majors out there (Film), I had to take extensions in nearly every semester to get all my coursework done, and my final GPA was a whopping 2.1. My jobs were all contract work, and I wasn't really making any progression career-wise.

Basically, because I didn't show up as having a major problem with it (no jail time, not doing illegal drugs to get by, only being socially awkward and not being able to read or study instead of a literal poo-flinging meth smoking loser), therefore I was OK, and it didn't need to be treated for it. Luckily, my Psychiatrist and current GP think differently, and my current :catdrugs: are working wonders for me. :toot:

Plus, many still think that ADHD is still primarily a problem in children, and then only male children at that. So being a grown woman with it gets you doubly ignored and dismissed.

I am currently a graduate student getting what is essentially a master's in business analysis and I am able to hold down a 3.25 gpa these days, I hope this doesn't factor too much into my diagnosis when I go to pay a bunch of money for testing.

(Not Canada)

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

So today at work a conversation turned into a big thing about how I am 27 and not living on my own with some career-advancing job and that I am like "behind on life" or some poo poo and it took all my willpower not to just be like "it's really loving difficult to make the kind of life progress you expect everyone to have when you can't keep any focus on long-term goals, or properly research that kind of stuff without any/good guidance, and have no idea how not to gently caress up interviews, so yeah I guess you are right."

The more I think about this the more I realize how crippling it's been for me career-wise for like the past loving decade, I can't wait for this diagnosis poo poo to get underway so I can get back on medication.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

delilicious posted:

Do you ever feel really irritated at other people and snap at them when you can't focus on what they're saying? Or you can focus on them but you have a billion other thoughts going at you get upset at them for interrupting?

It's sometimes very difficult to focus on what someone is saying because some other rear end in a top hat is chewing gum loudly or some other thing like that. It bothers the poo poo out of me. I don't get upset with the person talking though, I get upset with the distraction. Noise cancelling headphones are a godsend in classes because I can put one in my ear and block out noise from a whole side of the room.

quote:

Do you ever become physically uncomfortable because of mental restlessness? Kind of hard to explain, but you're having a particularly hard time focusing your thoughts and then your whole body feels fuzzy, antsy, or energized?

Not exactly. If my mind is allowed to wander it's great. If I desperately need to focus on something though, like writing a really loving long essay or dealing with complicated math that I don't fully understand, I start to feel like I'm physically exhausted trying to extend my focus. This feeling goes away immediately once I'm done with whatever it was. This killed my grades when I was a kid, I just blew off homework because I didn't want to do it. I could pass tests just fine, but I loving hate busy work because it's just constant focus.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

The pharmacy I work at has two cabinets full of class 2s as they regularly get orders for adderall, percocet, etc..

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

BobbyDrake posted:

Also, does anyone else dwell about things that they've done wrong? i don't mean things that you've done, say, today, but things you screwed the pooch on years ago, that frankly, don't even matter anymore? That's part of the reason I can't sleep at night, is that when I go to bed, I spend HOURS thinking about poo poo I screwed up in the past. I mean, poo poo I did when I was 12. I'm 32 years old. I'm really making an effort to move past this problem, but I can't help but obsess about mistakes I've made. Anyone else have that problem?

I brought this up to my psychiatrist and she said the word for this is rumination. I used to do this constantly but it went away for the most part after I got some antidepressants.

Aculard posted:

:aaa: I hate that I can't remember the names of the places I've lived or what grades I were in while living in each town. I would love to remember poo poo that wasn't absolutely horrible for a change too.

I have the opposite problem. I remember loving everything except things I want to remember for the immediate future. Things that are absolutely unimportant are the things I will remember. I remember the name of nearly every school I went to as I grew up, I remember the faces of my teachers (not the names for most of them), and I remember other stupid poo poo about that. I remember that my 6th grade teacher smelled of tobacco because he smoked pipes at home. I remember that the burning sensation you get in your muscles while exercising is an anaerobic fermentation process producing lactic acid. I remember being in third grade and having a stupid poetry assignment, and that I wrote some non-rhyming thing about preserving snow in a freezer to make a snowman in the summer, and another classmate wrote about Saddam Hussein.

I can picture just about everything as if it was yesterday, if I have something to prompt my memory. My problem is that I cannot intentionally memorize things by rote, for things like tests and whatnot, and I cannot remember to do things that I plan to do. I can't even remember my work schedule most of the time. If only the things I needed to do had already happened I would be able to remember to do them.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

I cannot for the life of me remember to schedule the appointments I need to make so that I can proceed with a diagnosis ffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuck

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Took a test tonight that was all true/false, trickily worded multiple choice, and short answer questions that were all "list X from the book." All rote memorization. gently caress.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Are there any ADHD meds out there that are actually depressants? I've found through experience that I actually am more capable of getting poo poo done calmly while drunk or on pain medication than I can with an energy drink or whatever.

Also I am currently dealing with having insurance for the first time, gently caress dealing with insurance, I hate these people already.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

TheGopher posted:

If you're going to try to get a controlled substance as medication for ADHD, you sure as poo poo need to drop the pill popping. Not only are they incredibly addictive and dangerous,

I am not taking pain medication or drinking for the purpose of studying though. I take pain medication for pain and I drink because I have a good beer handy, or I just feel like having a drink. I've just found it easier to focus when I have fewer thoughts kicking around. As much as I'd like to I can't bring myself to use pain killers for the high specifically for the reasons you pointed out. I never mix the two, I know what the interactions with all my pills are, etc.., but I have genuine pain issues that I have pain meds to deal with and I've noticed it's easier with those.

But from the reaction here, holy poo poo I hope getting adhd medication doesn't mean I have to choose between pain and not being a basketcase.

cloudstrife2993 posted:

they try to deny a claim for a testicular ultrasound for the possibly cancerous lump on my balls on the grounds that my policy doesn't cover "sexual inadequacy." (too much info?)

I suddenly feel like I was wrong when I said "back pain" to be relatively vague about the diagnosis (I have no official diagnosis). Like I start having a kidney problem and get medication and they deny it on the basis that it was for pain, and the pain was near my back. Or some bullshit like that.

signalnoise fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Mar 3, 2011

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

2508084 posted:

self medicating with liquor and other assorted depressants (which is what you initially asked about). These drugs are dangerous and can easily be lethal (like most drugs) if mixed wrong. Theres nothing wrong with an occasional beer, but if youre drinking to sedate you can gently caress yourself up even worse.

This is pretty much exactly what I said I wasn't doing, and no, I wasn't asking about self medicating with liquor. I was asking about whether or not there are any prescription medications for ADHD that are depressants, because self-medicating is retarded. I drink because I like beer. I happen to get some work done at home. I have prescription painkillers and muscle relaxers because I have terrible muscle pain that I can't afford to get properly diagnosed. It just so happens that I get some work done at home with those as well, and in both situations I've found it easier to work than with, say, coffee.

I never intentionally mix my prescription medications with alcohol unless my pharmacist (also my boss, I'm a pharmacy tech and am face to face with medicinal interactions daily) tells me there are no serious interactions. To be honest it's a bit insulting to be accused of it just because of that question and in spite of already denying it.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Wartime Consigliere posted:

I have to ask you to make love to me

If I tried every time it came to mind my success rate would be low enough to be demoralizing (and annoying)

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

A big thing for me with saving money was when I finally got a smartphone and put a mint.com widget on it. Now I see how much debt is on my credit card and how much money is in my bank account every time I look at my phone. It's a pretty depressing little widget but it does what it's supposed to.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Went through my old psych records from when I was a kid to make copies of the pertinent stuff for the place I'm gonna get a disability test battery from. Anyone else get put on way too much poo poo for a 10 year old or whatever?

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

baronvonwalz posted:

Who wants to hire an accountant with ADHD, and if I get put on Desoxyn, one on methamphetamine?

Any time I have to divulge information regarding any prescription I take, the explanation isn't "oh I'm hosed up man," the explanation is "I solve my problems," or something along those lines.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Tab8715 posted:

Could someone list a few of these they actually use and work?

My phone has a task list on it that automatically sorts by time until deadline and how important the task is. I have an alarm that goes off to remind me to do it at set intervals up to the deadline, and I split up tasks into stages if they need to be done over a long period of time. For example if I need to read a bunch of articles for a class and also write a report about them, I have entries for reading the assignment, picking out articles to read, reading an article, reading another article (repeat until done), writing an outline, and writing the report. If I just had one deadline for "report needs to be completed by X time/date" I would never finish it on time.

I set these deadlines, not someone else, and I know I need to do them. Self-nagging with this kind of reminder is incredible and it's changed the way I live and the things I'm able to accomplish. I simply cannot remember to do all the poo poo I need to do because once I am not focusing on it, I might as well never have known about it until I get reminded about it.

My phone also has a widget that tells me how much money I have in my accounts and how much money I've spent in the past week or month, so every time I look at my phone I have a reminder of how much money I ACTUALLY HAVE. Because of this, I don't make so many impulse purchases.

If what you need is a crutch, I say use a crutch. There's a negative connotation with the word crutch when applied to things that aren't literally crutches. Crutches are used by people with hosed up legs so they can get around without a wheelchair. The idea is that eventually you stop using the crutch, because your leg heals. My brain isn't about to heal itself, and I can't get a prosthetic short term memory.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Aculard posted:

Hey guys, I'm going to be moving out soon to live on my own/single. Any tips you have for packing/getting set up without losing everything? I know I'm gonna end up doing something stupid, like not pack dishes or forget to fill out paperwork.

Make a list and get a notebook. Write down things AS THEY OCCUR TO YOU and refer to it when you are going through the process of making sure you have everything you need.

This is also a good time to make a list of everything you own, and to organize each and every thing in your place. Get totes, number them, make a list of everything in that tote so you can look at the list instead of going through the tote. Write down absolutely everything like a crazy person.

Also something to think about-

You should write down the model and serial number of everything you have that is expensive or otherwise difficult to replace, and keep that information somewhere safe, like your email or something. If you ever get robbed, having those numbers improves the possibility of getting it back from zero to slightly better than zero. If your place ever burns down, this will make it much much easier to make a claim against your insurance.

signalnoise fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Apr 5, 2011

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

CheckedNoMate posted:

I'm totally in one of those 'give up your dreams because you won't ever be committed to anything' moods at the moment. I'll be happy again by tomorrow. The cycle continues.

Btw, I always feel like a complete loser/jealous when I see someone who's 'successful' in spite of their ADHD.

It's cool bro I am essentially a graduate student with an undecided major. woop woop ride the shifting interests train

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

I don't label myself because if I do then people know I'm the kind of person who uses labels for people which is annoying as poo poo.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Today's ADHD thing for me

Thought I was doing great in my ERP implementation class, working on the last deliverable assignment of the semester. Everything is great, right? WRONG. I took at a look at the syllabus and realized that the COMPLETE WORK SYSTEM MODEL that I thought was a regular deliverable was actually an additional assignment that effectively counted as a 20% of the final grade midterm. I now have the rest of the week to knock that out as well as this final deliverable, and that's incredibly lenient. I am basically saved because my professor wants me to be his PhD research monkey, I'm pretty sure of that.

The thing that really kills me is that I had really heavily tried to organize my entire work plan for the semester ahead of time, it was just an oversight in my scheduling.

Way to go forgetting to do huge projects yay

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

2508084 posted:

poo poo like that happens to everyone. You overlooked something, but since you double checked ahead of time, it sounds like you have enough time to get it in (even if its just under the buzzer).

It's actually about 4 weeks late, he's just being very lenient because he likes me and he's late grading them anyway. I actually wasn't even checking for that particular assignment, like I wasn't thinking "hey was that mandatory? I should check." I was checking something entirely different and just noticed it as I was reading the grade breakdown.

This kind of stuff actually happens to me all the time, forgetting poo poo that is on the syllabus and what not. I had an online class once that I forgot about entirely almost until the withdrawal date. If I don't have an active reminder to do something that is not part of a routine, I will almost certainly forget to do it.

That old saying "you'd forget your head if it wasn't screwed on" is the definition of me.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Goodpancakes posted:

Hi,

I just got diagnosed with ADD while getting treatment for anxiety (I am 27). This was done using campus facilities. Sadly due to douche bags loving it up they cannot prescribe effective drugs without a backing comprehensive test. These tests are 500 bux at the cheapest. Has anyone dealt with a similar situation and are aware of cheaper alternatives?

I am in exactly the same situation, and so far the only possible option I have found (and haven't actually tried yet) is to try to see if you can get your health insurance to cover it as a doctor visit. I'm gonna give that a shot, but I have already set aside the 500 bucks. It will be 500 bucks well spent if whatever help I get out of it is actually worth something.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Giblet Plus! posted:

I have self diagnosed myself with ADHD.

I have an offer from another job that I will be taking in the next month, but I would like to be able to avoid these problems in the future.

Get a diagnosis?

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Qu Appelle posted:

Thanks. I found a sheet on a 'bland GERD food diet', and while it sounds as exciting as eating sandpaper, I'm willing to give it a go to help my stomach settle down.

Sup I take 600mg of zantac every day, works like a charm and I will use it for the rest of my life until something better shows up or I decide to eat nothing but rice, bright vegetables, and protein shakes (then maybe I will only need 300mg a day)

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Another school-related one. Came to class today and saw someone's printed-out take home test. Ohhhh right. We had a take home test. gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Tell her it couldn't hurt to get diagnosed, and that she will either confirm her beliefs and get you to shut up about it, or she will potentially unlock some studying superpowers.