Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008
I was diagnosed with ADD at around age 11 when my teacher noticed I didn't hand in a lot of work (which seems to be how most people are ending up getting diagnosed).

For me it use to be completely haywire. I would not pay attention in class but somehow still pick up what everyone said and then the next I would try to concentrate only to be distracted easier than without concentration. I ended up taking ritalin which made me horribly sick by making me lose tons of weight (I was already skinny) making me ghost white and I acted completely different around friends. I was eventually taken off all medication and I'm still off of them.

I can say I feel I have been getting better, though some things do feel tedious at times (questions that need similar outcomes I get bored with through the 3rd or 4th one) and my organization is still pretty bad (but I feel I could fix this). I don't have to be around exciting poo poo all the time and I'm fine doing most boring, mundane things (Long car rides, doing computer work, so on).

I like to tell myself I'm outgrowing it but I'm not sure if I am.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU