Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Aldous Huxtable
Oct 6, 2008

by angerbot
Well I just took my first 15 mg of XR. Should I expect to feel anything the first day?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Aldous Huxtable
Oct 6, 2008

by angerbot

Qu Appelle posted:

You might, you might not - it won't magically turn you into a work machine.

But, as you go about your day and do things, you may notice that you can stay with them longer and get more done.

Well I didn't really feel much on Saturday, but yesterday and so far today I think I've noticed some subtle effects. Of course, getting my prescription the first week of a month-long winter break means that I don't have a whole lot of work to do anyway. I'm guessing that the effects would be more pronounced if I was actually doing schoolwork.

I think I've been having some sleep issues, though. Even at night I haven't been able to stay unconscious for more than two or three hours. Since I normally sleep like a baby, I'm pretty sure it has to do with medication. Is there any chance that it's only a temporary side effect? Or, failing that, is there anything I can do to make my sleep better while I'm on it?

Dr Aldous Huxtable
Oct 6, 2008

by angerbot
Quick question: how long should 10mg of instant release Adderall last? My campus psychiatrist gave me a script for that for evenings on top of my usual 20mg daily XR, and I'm just trying to figure out when in the day I should take it.

Dr Aldous Huxtable
Oct 6, 2008

by angerbot
Every time someone says PCP in a post here my first thought is No, don't take PCP! That's a terrible idea! and then I remember what it means.

Every single time.

Dr Aldous Huxtable
Oct 6, 2008

by angerbot

Qu Appelle posted:

2. Be on the look out for auditory issues - if he seems to be not listening, etc. I really prefer things to be written down instead of being told to me orally. Your son might be the same way. And even if he doesn't have that subissue, writing things down for him to refer to would be good.

:aaaaa:

Since my diagnosis I've read this whole thread over more than once and I always thought that this was a symptom I just didn't have, since I've never noticed any issues hearing things.

But, I don't know why, something in the way you phrased this made things click. I actually do this pretty often, but (I think) only with certain people. I'll be in a conversation and it's like I zone out without actually thinking about something else and I completely miss something.

So thanks for accidentally sparking that little realization.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Aldous Huxtable
Oct 6, 2008

by angerbot

larchesdanrew posted:

I've only been on it a few days, but I'm getting the same feeling as you. The first two days were amazing: I was energetic, euphoric, agreeable, and almost forced to continually work and keep myself busy, but I was also taking 40mg over the course of the day.

The next two days I started experiencing crippling migraines, jaw pain, muscle stiffness, irritability, and nausea towards the end of the day.

This is pretty typical, in any case. There's usually a couple of days of euphoria before things cool down and you start to notice the side-effects more.