Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LyonsLions
Oct 10, 2008

I'm only using 18% of my full power !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mike grace jones posted:

My symptoms were typical of ADD but not in the impulsive or hyper way, I'm highly disorganized, often anxious, I talk quicker than most people and often try to fill in the end of their sentences if I'm pretty sure I know where they're going (and I usually think I do).

I used to have a woman working for me that would do this (finishing other people's sentences) and it was really frustrating because it was clear that she wasn't really listening to what people said, and was finishing their sentences in a completely different way and then assuming that what she said was what they had meant to say.

She hadn't been diagnosed with ADHD before she started working there. I feel bad that I actually just thought she was kind of a moron. Then she mentioned one day that 2 of her 3 kids had been diagnosed with ADHD, and after reading about the symptoms, she had decided to get herself checked out. It turned out that she did have it, and with her doctor she came up with ways that we could help her to do her job properly. This worked brilliantly and made everyone happy.

My question to the people in the thread is, what can your employers and bosses do to make it easier for you to do your job? I know it's different for everyone, but do you have some general suggestions? In the case I mentioned, I felt really bad that I wasn't as understanding as I should have been, because at first I didn't realize she had a problem, and thought she was just a flighty slacker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU