Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

roads
Feb 22, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.
How would you advise someone go about getting diagnosed for ADD?

Backstory:
In 8th grade I got "assessed" by a teacher who concluded I had ADD since I never turned in any homework or did classwork that I didn't find "important", but when she talked to my parents they decided that "kids will be kids" and it was a non-issue. This happened again in 9th and 11th grade. Again, nobody ever suggested I get professionally diagnosed, and my teachers just passed me in my classes because they knew I was smart, just not applied. I think it would be very helpful if I were prescribed adderall or something to help me pay attention and work. One day I won't be able to get by on bullshitting around and doing the bare minimum. through school I've bought ADD medicine from other students/drug dealers to help me stay focused and it really does help. Unfortunately, I also have a history of selling prescription medicines so I think it might be difficult for me to get prescribed something. I feel like if I directly ask for help with this, people will just think I'm a drug dealer who's crying wolf to get drugs to sell... which is very common, but I've been clean for over a year now and I just want to get on track since I'll be starting college soon and I know I can't get away with the same bullshit that's acceptable in highschool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU