Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

As a question I'd like to ask. Do any of you all experience daytime sleepiness? IE: Not tired, but not doing anything or moving and just... sorta pass out and can't stop it? I would like to get other people's takes on it.

I used to get it while driving but that stopped once I figured out I have sleep apnea (hooray hosed up airways.) and got that treated so I actually get rest now.

I still get it during work meetings when nothing interesting is happening. Luckily I work in mental healthcare as my primary job so that my co-workers are understanding. However even though I'm basically asleep and my eyes are closed, I can still answer questions if asked and fully remember the conversation during the meeting.

I will note I do not currently take medications due to getting severe side effects.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Biggest thing the medications did for me was allow me to respond in timely manner to people speaking to me when I am focused on a task outside of "speaking with people"

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

YggiDee posted:

Anyone here use weighted blankets? I've been looking into them because my ideal sleeping formation is "being smooshed under the layers of my bedding" and a weighted blanket seems like the obvious solution. Anyone else feel this way? Is this an ADHD thing or a Me thing?

Edit: I don't think I have an unusual level of sleepiness but I'm prone to staying up late reading and when I was younger I could fall asleep under literally any circumstance when I was tired. Like when I was getting my braces installed.

Weighted Blankets are nice, they help. I also enjoy layers because it does help with reducing the STAYING AWAKE.

I am on CPAP due to sleep apnea these days and I find the pressure of the mask helps me fall asleep faster.

The ANY circumstances if tired is 100% a thing with me as well. I can fall asleep at a traffic light if I don't have enough sleep.

Also if you are tired all the drat time, get a sleep study conducted please. It can really help you out both physically and even reduce symptoms if you can fix your sleep up. Yes you may end up wearing a silly mask, the good sleep is well worth it.

AtomikKrab fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Nov 1, 2020

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

My spouse got tired of me and my mother never looking for food properly, so she moved all the condiments to the fridge drawers and put the food on the outer shelves where it is highly visible. This has so far worked very well and I am wasting a good deal less cheese and fruit that was previously in the drawers where it got forgotten.