Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

bad posts ahead!!! posted:

Yeah, I'll look into getting 15s.

Anyone turn into a lovely crybaby when their dose wears off for the day? Like if I'm trying to do something mentally taxing and the Adderall wears off, I want to throw whatever I'm working on at the wall and scream gently caress THIS. Extended release really helps taper the dose off gradually, I can't tolerate the up and down of instant release through the day, but I tend to get hyperfocused, working through pain/fatigue until I'm run the gently caress down and my gf has to tell me to stop doing ___. I got a new phone a few months ago and Samsung has this weird thing you have to do to get windows to read the drive as a storage device, and I was only five minutes in before losing all my patience and wanting to heave my phone at the floor.

I had adderall in college and it made me paranoid as gently caress. Like "that guy is following me" as I was walking back to my dorm type paranoid.

I'm on 20 mg of the generic ritalin twice a day and it works wonders for me. I tend to take them both at once instead of one pill twice a day. Strattera did absolutely nothing for me.

I'm like two different people with or without my pills. On my bad days I get so distracted it's not even safe for me to drive long distances because I can't concentrate on the road.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Grape posted:

Yes and no.
I was on Vyvanse for three years or so, and I felt a difference obviously, but not a very productive one. It just ended up y'know, being on an upper. I didn't really feel a difference in mental stuff. Took me forever to fully admit to this, partly out of not really knowing how I was supposed to feel, or might possibly feel.

Just a month ago I got a new doc and got on Concerta and now.... now YES I know what you mean. The difference is exactly that, except in an insanely subtle way. Like I don't feel out of the ordinary, but I behave very differently. So that I don't realize just how much more functional and productive I am until I kind of stop and go "wait a minute, did I really just complete an entire lengthy job application directly after the headhunter agency called and told me to do so?" and "holy crap my wife is dilly dallying while shopping for sneakers and I'm just chill and fine sitting here and waiting in the store."

I eventually started skipping Vyvanse and not feeling any worse for the most part.
Now I already can't imagine not taking Concerta. It is always an objective improvement on my day.

Moral of the story, don't be afraid to try out the various meds until you find the right one.

I'm on Vyvanse and I love it. As a bonus, it completely kills my appetite and I need to lose weight anyway. I have to force myself to eat.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
I've found a lot of helpful advice, tips, etc at https://www.additudemag.com. It's also helped me to understand my own ADHD better.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

FirstnameLastname posted:

Adderall and modafnil are prescribed together right?

I've been on Adderall two different times and never had that drug prescribed with it.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Anyone else have that thing where you're in the middle of a thought and then your brain just goes blank randomly and you can't even remember what you were thinking about? Or is it just me?