Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TONY DANZAS HO
Aug 27, 2003

retired
and
loving it
Vyvanse suuuuuucks, it gave me wicked headaches and a feeling which I can only describe as "my eyeballs being willfully pushed out of my skull by a force with its pressure points somewhere on my optic nerves".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TONY DANZAS HO
Aug 27, 2003

retired
and
loving it
ADHD has a higher chance of comorbidity with other brain poo poo when you're old, so in going further back into your history it may be easier to specifically diagnose what else is going on and if you have other problems stemming from the ADHD, or if it is ADD at all in the first place. If you've grown up with unattended ADD it is harder to pick it out specifically, as symptoms can cross loads of different diagnoses.

I don't know that it is ever REQUIRED to have childhood diagnosis or where that's coming from, but I imagine it is much SIMPLER if there is a history available.

Not to mention, even if you present with X, Y and Z, you might lack, say, G, but have F, and it turns out X, Y and Z + F is something completely different... congratulations, you're bipolar! Don't worry though its only bipolar II

TONY DANZAS HO
Aug 27, 2003

retired
and
loving it

Mein Eyes! posted:

I'm currently picking up a paralegal certification and am nervous about the idea that once I lose my medical coverage from my parents, I'll suddenly be very bad at the very things that that field of work stresses - being very organized, paying attention and taking notes, researching a single topic at length, remembering dates and deadlines, etc. While I'd be able to move to a different coverage provider, or really pay out of pocket if the only option and really needed, I'd still be faced with a lovely situation that not every employer may be sympathetic to.

Worse, I think having a dependence on stimulants to work at my usual performance would make me seem less reliable than a co-worker, and they'd be right to think it. I'm not sure how much I can complain about this considering there are plenty of people working with worse handicaps, but it still sucks.

Haha this is funny to me only because I too am an ADD-having-adult who likes to make art and I work in a law firm as well, good luck to you! It is not all that bad, besides, if you get a paralegal job you'll probably have very good coverage, I do. You don't have to tell anyone in a workplace that you're medicated, anyway...

TONY DANZAS HO
Aug 27, 2003

retired
and
loving it
What the hell is "monotasking"?