Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
I was diagnosed with ADHD as a child and I wonder if I really have it or if it's just the Internets fault I can never get anything done. I realize I should probably go seek a professional on this so I'm not asking for a real diagnosis.

The strongest example is one night in college I had to read a small, 200 page or so, book and write a 5-6 page essay on it. That I had already put this off to the last night is something in and of itself but not even what I'm getting at. I was up until 3 in the morning jerking around online doing other poo poo, glancing at the book, picking it up, reading a page, hey let's check my facebook. I got up and took my book somewhere else where I proceeded to talk to a stranger rather than read it.

The worst is when I either fall asleep in class, not because I'm tired but because I just can't focus on the rambling, or when I'm trying to read and make no progress internet or no. Caffeine on its own doesn't even help me stay awake anymore, I have to go for things like Monster Coffee.

Any insight into this would be appreciated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Hey folks. I should keep up with this thread cuz I got it bad. I dunno the line between add and avoidant anxious behavior but between them I was always the guy rushing through everything at the last minute (and absolutely killing it :hellyeah:).

I have been working from home for a few years and I want to really enthusiastically agree with separating the spaces if at all possible. Unless your work is insanely low stress and you never feel any angst about it ever (I can't imagine doing this, anxiety is always there, looking for anything to kick up a fuss about), eventually weird work feelings will start ruining fun time. Our ancestors fought hard for precious time off from making money for others, let nothing rob you of your birthright!