Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Any suggestions on books for dealing with a young kid with ADHD? It's still very early for diagnosis but... poor guy's by far the most impulsive kid in his class and it's hindering his ability to make friends. He can't sustain a game for very long without getting distracted.

We're starting the diagnosis/evaluation process with the school district but every little bit helps. Most of the stuff I've seen is aimed at older children struggling with academics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

coolusername posted:

A hundred threads, and all their OPs stuck at 80% complete -- forever.

Anyway, I tossed this into the other thread, but someone might find it helpful here too: I took a few book photos of organisation tips for young ADHD kids and their bedrooms.

I have this book and it's good poo poo*

*much of which I have not implemented yet :eng99:

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

Solkanar512 posted:

That’s some great poo poo, what’s the book called?

I think it's Organizing for people with adhd by Susan Pinsky