Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flying Hippo
Apr 6, 2005
They said it would never happen. They were right. Except this time. They were wrong this time. It was different.
Hey everyone!

I was diagnosed with ADHD when I was about 8 or 9 (maybe earlier than that?) and have had trouble coping with it for as long as I can remember. I've been on and off medication ever since the 6th grade and while results have been pretty good as far as thinking more clearly, doing better in school, and generally getting things done, I tend to always experience a terrible come down, I generally feel exhausted, zombie-like, and very irritable. Throughout the years I have been on Concerta, Adderall, Dexedrine, and Vyvanse, ranging from 5mg of dexedrine every morning to 30mg of Adderall, I've really tried every combination of these type of stimulants. For the pass few months I haven't been taking any medication, and although it's been nice to be my unusual self for a while, I'm starting to get tired of being foggy headed and leaving everything half done. Anyone know any alternative drugs I could mention to my doctor that aren't by-products of speed? I've heard others mention Provigil and Wellbutrin as alternatives and am wondering if anyone could give me some advice to how well they work compared to other drugs? I also have a bit of an anxiety problem and it seems both these drugs could help remedy that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU