Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

How common do you guys think overdiagnosis is? I know a couple of friends who take ADD meds, but they say things like "I don't want to do homework and I can't pay attention in class" Which honestly to me sounds like every single student in the world. I thought I might even have it because I would put off homework and doze off in classes, but when I switched majors I paid perfect attention in all my classes so really it was just I hated what I was learning.

Basically at what point does it go from "gently caress homework I'm going to play videogames" to ADD, and do you think people ever use ADD (real or imagined) as an excuse for doing poorly in school?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU