Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Fat Albert in a can posted:

Numbers are evil jerks that trade spots when I'm not looking.

This happens to me when I get tired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Has anybody had experience with dosage variability in generics (the generic of extended release adderall XR)

I’ve read that generic can be +\- 25% pill to pill. We know 10mg extended wasn’t effective. 15 extended worked port well but it seems like we get occasional days where it didn’t seem to work anymore. +\- 25% would mean we would get the occasional 11.25 day. Increasing dosage probably isn’t an option because of the appetite suppression.

It’s this something any of y’all have dealt with?

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Well that’s good to know.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Yeahhhh this is some pop psych bullshido, I think, though perhaps an admirable attempt to destigmatize the disorder as "difference" rather than impairment. ADHD is an impairment, not a superpower, though I think it can be a big relief to do things that are engaging and trigger dopamine release (like hunting...or video games...or eating). The idea that this was evolutionarily selected for so that tribes of humans would have "specialized" hunters is incredibly dubious to me.

It can be useful to alter environment as a control however. My parents controlled mine entirely that way. Stupid high amounts of exercise, uncontrolled outdoor time, and a huge amount of extracurricular activities. But I’m ADHD and tested profoundly gifted so it’s got some differences. We had been able to do the same for my son until the pandemic hit. Between losing extracurriculars and remote it was pretty rough. Adderal extended release was amazing helpful. But now we are getting to the point where we can reduce dosage (mostly to get his appetite back.)

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Yeah I basically only stopped a 70-80 work week, 24 hours a day on call , called out 3 ish nights a week 2 out of 3 weekends on, like a month before the pandemic started. High meaning too, keep people from dying and keep the high consequence hazardous from exploding type work on ships from everywhere.

Getting older has helped.