Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Egad!
Feb 20, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
OH HAI. I was diagnosed with ADHD coupled with some sort of math disability right after my junior year of high school after being severely depressed and having suicidal thoughts :v: So it was a bit of a double-whammy. I was always a bright kid so I had enough to get by without trying hard but I was always getting in trouble for having no self-control. I was always doing something other than the task at hand be it reading, talking to my neighbor, etc.

And then I was in the gifted program, had to actually work and started doing worse and worse at school. I didn't have a lot of friends from being retarded hyperactive and acting like a general spaz.

It pretty much took a breakdown between junior and senior year for my parents to actually finally listen to me after I knew something was loving wrong and I was doing so poorly in school. So, ADHD with a side of depression, general anxiety, and social anxiety. It loving sucks and I'm still dealing with the repercussions of having crappy grades in high school and deciding freshman year of college was the best time to go off of both the meds that had gotten me through my senior year of high school.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egad!
Feb 20, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I somehow never equated talking fast to being an ADHD thing. :aaa: I don't know why. But I never did. I'm always apologizing to people I meet (people who work in restaurants, etc) that it's my fault they didn't understand me.

And does anyone have trouble holding onto friends that you don't see on a daily basis? If someone moves away ever (and this is college, so people do come and go) and I try to say yeah, I'll keep in touch, but I never do because I they aren't in my sphere of thought since they aren't there.