Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years
Who would you talk to about this, a doctor or a psychologist? I've been noticing I have been having those audio processing issues more and more lately. The scariest experience was when I was at moms for Christmas and my brother was joking around with me while I was taking me shoes off. I was looking right at him while he was saying something. I saw his lips move, and sound came out but I didn't 'hear' any of it.

On top of that, for awhile now (a year or two) it seems I can't focus on anything. If I try to read something that's 'boring' (like a manual versus a good fiction book) nothing sticks. I read the words but nothing sticks, even going over it multiple times.

It's annoying. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years

Qu Appelle posted:

O HAI. I get that. Yeah. I hate that.

I forgot - do you already have a diagnosis of ADHD, and the auditory processing issues are on top of it? Or do you not have a diagnosis of ADHD yet?

If you're just curious about the auditory processing issues, I'd consult your primary doctor first, and they can arrange for you to get a general hearing exam, just to make sure that nothing else is going on that could be causing your hearing issues. If it turns out to be normal, and you still have auditory issues? Then you can take our hearing results to the Psychiatrist.

Nope, don't have a diagnosis for anything except depression and anxiety :v: at the moment.

I've had hearing tests when I was having some blockage behind my ear drum but I guess they weren't looking for audio processing issues.

I'll bring it up when I'm at the doctor and/or psychiatrist

Thanks!