Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

BetterWeirdthanDead posted:

In for this crazy ride.

'Sup 5d4 attributive rolling, starting campaigns at level 3 with a wild psionic talent, dudes?

Question: I once played a Dark Sun module that contained a trio of dwarves called the "Hurly Burly Brothers." Did my DM make that up when we were 12?

This is the closest I could find:

http://www.patman.org/ADD/resources/dungeons.asp
Issue #52 Volume IX, Number 4 (March/April 1995)
HURLY-BURLY BROTHERS, THE
AD&D adventure, 4-6 characters of levels 3-5
Written by: Kevin Wilson
Artwork by: David Kooharian
Any wilderness, temperate
6 pages

Description: A giant roc snatches one of the heroes and drops him into a specially-prepared trap prepared by two ogre brothers named Hurly and Burly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Attack: Charisma or Constitution

Did I miss where we already knew this, or is this new?

Because oh my god oh my god oh my god finally

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Mechanics only, you have the option of rerolling missed attacks on your dailies if you defile. You do not if you are not defiling, so defilers are better by definition of having an option available to them that strict preservers do not.

Add in the fact that there are feats to buff up defiling and none to boost "not-defiling" (but a PP and ED for each) and the option-edge continues to go to defilers.

The PP and ED for each are pretty nice, though. The Dragon epic destiny is much more suited to things like infernalocks than a lot of other casters, though (the Dragon pick-2-of-these bonus stats are STR/CON/INT but the Avangion ones are all the mental stats), but each has stuff to recommend it by that point.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

An actually valid comparison would be, I have cake. My friend has cake and some ice cream in the fridge. Now, he could eat the ice cream, but it's going to go straight to his thighs, and no one wants that, because then he's going to bitch and moan and make everyone around him miserable.

But the ice cream would make the cake taste a little better, so my friend is better off than I am.

Also yes holy poo poo Avangion rules if you're in a campaign that will ever face undead EVER

• Locked thread