Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
I have a request. For several reasons I feel like playing a game that makes me feel like the Punisher. I've tried Marvel Heroes 2015 but its just not biting (its far too easy for starters although some of the Punisher's powers aren't bad in it).

Perhaps something like Diablo 3 but with guns/sci-fi instead of fantasy. Or maybe there's a different type of game altogether I'm overlooking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
Doesn't have to BE the Punisher. But some ARPG like D3 but with guns, or a sci-fi setting would be great.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
Is there any game that is basically Diablo 3 but in a sci-fi setting? Or any non fantasy setting with guns? Not Borderlands, needs to be isometric/ top down and preferably local co op. PS3/4 or PC.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
I've recently been having a lot of fun playing split screen zombie Nazi mode on Call of Duty: World at War on PS3. I know I'm comically out of touch but can anyone recommend something similar or better on PS4? Even better if it supports more than 2 players.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

Mass Effect 3's horde co-op is unironically the best I've played of its kind and the servers are still well populated on PC. Not sure about PSN/XBox but I thought it deserved a mention since you can buy that game for $5 now, oh and there's some kinda story mode too.

God ME3 multiplayer is fantastic, if it had split screen local co-op it would exactly the type of game I want. I might get back into it solo anyway.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
Do you like MOBA's? Heroes of the Storm has Zagara as a hero and creep mechanics are a big part of her playstyle.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
I'm going on holiday soon and am looking for some iPad game recommendations. As well as for the plane journey, I want something I can pick up for 30 mins or so every so often, and it has to be offline. I play a lot of Hearthstone and that would have been perfect but I might not have data access.

I won't say what my usual tastes are since this is a good chance to try more general recommendations.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
I have a few semi-related requests.

Back in the day I loved Baldur's Gate I & II, specifically for the Mage playstyle of having loads of different spells to choose from, sequencers, timestop etc. It turned a fight into a magical chess match at the start. Pillar's of Eternity didn't scratch this itch for me even though its a fine game. Is there anything else out there like that? (Also David Warner's voice acting in BG2 was incredible).

Sticking with Pillars (and I probably should take this to its thread) but I fell off it after about 10-12 hours specifically because I didn't like its magic system. Should I give it another go with a different class? I am less inclined now to insist on playing a mage-style.

Finally, I have dabbled in and out with Skyrim over the years and might be tempted to go back. Again, I think the reason why it didn't stick with me is because of its magic system. But in general, has Skyrim aged ok and should I go to its thread to find out more about mods etc or would I better looking into Witcher 3 these days?

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012

deep dish peat moss posted:

If he likes Star Trek you get him the one where Leonard Nimoy narrates, which is 4 and also tied for the best one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZlWmYe8HM4

I've played all the Civs plus Endless Legend and I still would go back to Civ 4 for Nimoy. Also its more likely his dad will prefer the 'real' setting of Civ to something like Endless Legend (which a lot of people would say is a better game).

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
I've been playing Metal Gear Solid V on PS4 recently and really like most of it including the (mental) storyline, basebuilding, researching, resource finding, general structure of the game. Its very nearly perfect but for me its just a little too stealth-orientated. Is there anything like it that relies a little less on stealth? At the same time I don't want to be charging around like Master Chief.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
Have you tried X3? I played all of the X2 and X3 games, and I seem to recall if anything they get a little more streamlined which might be what you need.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
Is there any prospect of any Truck simulator game coming to PS4? I really like the sound of it, but I want to sit in the comfort of my couch to play it rather than at a desk with my PC. And I don't really have the option to connect my PC to living room TV right now.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
Looking for a Railway empire type game on PS4 if such a thing exists. Failing that, what are the city builder options like?

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012

Tagra posted:

Euro Trucker is great for chilling out and listening to something while feeling like you're accomplishing something. Once you start opening garages and hiring drivers it's basically an idle game where you make the numbers go up while driving.

Faerie solitaire/harvest are great for when your brain REALLY doesn't work and you just wanna match cards and level pets.

I wish this was on console so I could play it from the couch. I'm not really in the position to hook my PC up to my TV.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
I'm looking for a naval strategy game, preferably WW2 and with no interest in controlling individual units. Maybe something where as well as the tactical side of battles and strategic side of the war, there is something on the back-end as well for designing and constructing ships, resource management etc.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012

Pharnakes posted:

Rule the waves 1 or 2. 2 is a much more ambitious take with carriers and things, but over reached a bit on release and isn’t quite finished yet. 1 is only for ww1 so dreadnoughts only, no carriers.

Thanks but I had a look at some videos and this is much too hard-core for me. I would still like some pretty things to look at.

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Related to the "what about upcoming games" convo, Task Force: Admiral sounds like it might do what you want, but it's still in development.

Cheers I'll take a look.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
I'm looking for something where there are loads of vehicles/heroes/upgrades to unlock and work towards. Don't particularly care at this point what the setting is (fantasy, war, sci-fi). I prefer PvP gameplay but if there is a particuarly good PvE/campaign game I'd consider it. Bonus points if it can be played on PS4/5 but PC is also fine although my machine is a little old so can't run very demanding games. An example is World of Warships and I guess Tanks (which I have never played). I consider myself too slow to play modern FPS's well in PvP.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
I fancy picking up an ARPG to play on the couch on my PS5. I’ve played a fuckton of Diablo 3 over the years but not since at least 2019. Is it still the gold standard? What else is worth considering?

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
Looking for some sort of driving game, playable on PS5. Ideally it might not be as fast paced or hectic and there would be a lot of stuff to unlock/build towards or explore both on and off the road. Don't care about multiplayer either way (if its in the game, optional or not intrusive then sure). I'm basically looking for something chill to drive around and relax on my sofa.

The last driving game I played a lot was NFS:Hot Pursuit waaaaay back on PS3 I think so I have no idea what the genre is like now. Euro Truck Simulator sounds like my cup of tea but I think its only on PC.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
Yeah I know its the biggest name but tbh even when I played it years ago I was put off by its hyper-realism, is it still like that? Also do you just race around tracks or is there more of an open-world element to it these days?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
Thinking of dipping my toes back into a MMO.

Played a lot of WoW and Classic, but what is putting me off now is the sub & the dailies content both of which kinda feel like they put too much pressure on to login every day. Also played SW:TOR, which I enjoyed a lot, City of Heroes/Villains I enjoyed waaay back and Guild Wars 2 which I could never really get into although this was a long time ago. Can't remember ever trying anything else.

I want something I could play 3-4 times a week, for a max of 2-3 hours at a time, and not feel like I am missing out too much even if I am no-where near min-maxed. I have a decent PC, but would also play something on PS5 if that worked since I can sit on a couch instead.

Obviously I don't mind group content otherwise what is the point, but I prefer small-scale (5-mans) over raids and I don't want to ever have to use voice chat (although I can listen). I talk to people all day online for work and I don't want to do it to relax too. I also don't care about bleeding edge content at all but I would prefer something that is somewhat challenging compared to mid-era WoW farerolls (I know its probably changed since then). But I also don't want to be standing around during wipes and/or listening to people planning tactics all-day.

PvP would be a side-bar, I enjoyed Arathi basin in WoW and Huttball in SW:TOR but it was maybe 10% of my playtime. Don't want open-world ganking or 1v1 type PvP content (because I'm poo poo).