Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Yea Mass Effect 2 is the greatest game sequel of all time imo

As far as like getting rid of everything I didn't like about the first one and improving the stuff I did at like a 100% rate, every single thing I didn't like about the first one gameplay-wise was gotten rid of

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Pony island lol

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I heard Fell Seal is a good fft-like but haven't played it

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

StrixNebulosa posted:

Try Nioh, although it's more Shogun than Yojimbo

Nioh and Shogun are based on the same real life person right

Obviously Nioh is umm maybe not completely historically accurate with the demon monsters and poo poo..

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Tagra posted:

I'll throw in a recommendation for Equilinox. It's super chill and low pressure while still giving the player some agency. Trying to set up the right combinations to get the evolutions to start is chill and challenging at the same time.

is there anything like this that has controller support, my wife was real interested in it but she can't play anything with mouse or it gives her arm pain

played all the usual relaxing stuff like portia, stardew valley, etc already

anything similar to viva pinata or this would be cool probably

Stefan Prodan fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Feb 22, 2020

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

gohuskies posted:

The Shadowruns are great, I recommend skipping to the second one, Dragonfall. There are some good improvements made between 1 and 2, and unless you have many many hours to burn on them it's worth going straight to the best one.

The best one is Hong Kong imo but I enjoyed dragonfall a lot

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Flopstick posted:

I picked up the first two Zero Escape games on a whim and, while I've only played the first one so far, I've been surprised by how much I enjoyed it. (tbh, I could do without it having quite such a creepy attitude towards sex and purity and so forth, but it's still very good.) It makes me wonder if there's a whole raft of similar multiple-path puzzle games out there I should be checking out. Any recommendations? I've already played Until Dawn, which is also dope as hell. Are there any others I should look at?

if you liked the zero escape series this game is actually very good for a free game

https://vgperson.com/games/yourturntodie.htm

be warned it's not finished it's a one man project and he makes like a few hours worth a year but I actually do recommend it

the story branches twice so I guess there are at least four paths, at the start of the later chapters you get an NPC that asks a witcher-esque "so I can't remember, who died again????"

kinda thing so you can play the other path without doing the whole thing later if you want

Stefan Prodan fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Aug 4, 2020

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I loved Prey but i got stuck in it and stopped a couple years ago maybe I should start again

I was at some sort of mini boss that I'm not sure I was supposed to be at yet near the Atrium and couldn't kill it even tho I tried a bunch of times

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

As far as straight up shooters are concerned, Doom (2016) and Wolfenstein: The New Order are both great entries. Personally I think its awesome that we can still recommend Doom and Wolfenstein in 2020.

I think this happened to me too. I saw there was like, a huge shortcut there, so I bee-lined straight there and ran past everything thinking I could just utilize the shortcut and bam, miniboss. I ended up killing him but I used so many of my resources to do it that I felt like I failed.

yeah I looked up a walkthrough and I think I was supposed to do some other poo poo involving going out in the space area some more and finding some poo poo and I just didn't get around to it

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Fruits of the sea posted:

FFXII is actually pretty exciting if you accept the premise that its star wars, if the first movie was stretched out to be 80 hours long. And the main characters are the npcs you pick up 15 hours into the game.

idk I actually like ff12 a fair bit because of its great music and fun combat but I think the story goes from like forgettable to bad, to me it's not a strong point of the game

Ok maybe fun is a strong word for the combat lol but I liked it

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Please falcom gimme some tits!!!!

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Manager Hoyden posted:

Kind of a broad ask, but I'm looking for games that feel like the world exists with or without the player and you're not supposed to be there. It's a hard feeling to describe but I guess what I'm getting at is the game feels like it is about the world itself and the player is just an unwelcome intruder.

Some good examples would be most of Subnautica, the first part of The Forest, some areas of the Souls series like Ash Lake and Untended Graves, and maybe Outer Wilds.

That's part of the plot in Chrono Cross but I don't think it's part of the like environment if that makes sense

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Oldstench posted:

If you've never played Starflight or Starflight 2 (especially Starflight 2) then you're missing out. They're old as poo poo but very few games give the sense of exploration like these do.

yeah ur quan masters seems to have lifted quite a lot in terms of game design from starflight

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Just started playing enderal today, the community theater level acting is sort of endearing even if it's a little off putting

Having fun so far, got to level 5 and did a few quests, the world is really gorgeous

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

funmanguy posted:

So I never liked jrpgs but I played octopath traveler and loving loved it. I am hesitant to buy a bunch of other jrpgs without having some idea if I might like them. Are there any out there that have interesting combat and whatnot like octopath on PC?

Can you say the ones you didn't like first?

I haven't played octopath so it would maybe be easier for me (and others) to name some if we also have an idea of what you don't want

I mean I do know like sort of generally how it plays so I was thinking of other turn based JRPGs that are good but I don't know if you've played stuff like FFX already and didn't like them

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

funmanguy posted:

I tried some of the FF games like 7 and 8 when I was much younger and bounced off of them hard. I like the light story part of octopath.

Thanks for all of the suggestions.

If you just didn't like the sort of broody nature of them you might like FF9 actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
enderal is great