Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Oh man, it's Oskar!.

He grown up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Man, that's a pretty tough looking catte, feel sorry for whatever it's looking a-

quote:

Do not. gently caress. With this cat.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Cocoa Crispies posted:

get a wicker chair for your catte

This was my catte's normal sleeping chair. (Stolen off GIS, since we don't have it anymore. Ours had a cushion, obviously)

From pretty much as soon as she was old enough to be able to jump on it. Unfortunately, it eventually began to fall apart and we got rid of it.

She looked very ornamental, curled in the corner of the lounge on that thing.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Oct 29, 2012

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

scamtank posted:

what the hell is it with cats and bathtubs anyway

No idea.

Misty used to hang out on the covering of our swimming pool, that's kinda like a giant bathtub.

She'd hang out just not quite far enough from the fastenings to push the cover underwater so when she wanted a drink she'd push her paw down and lick up some pool water.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Super Joe posted:

Don't pools have high chlorine levels? I can imagine that's safe for a cat to drink.

Not too high, at least not ours - there are areas of the world with comparable chlorine in the tapwater, I think. But yeah, in retrospect, we probably should've thought of that. Apparently didn't do any harm in the long run, at least.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

How old is Elena again?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

wheatpuppy posted:

A pro catte:

Still pretty chill, regardless.

This cat has a badass face.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Trap sprung TRAP INEFFECTIVE OH GOD WHAT DO I DO.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

"Reginald... has a perfectly squished face"

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

For sixteen years we did Misty's litter box by Misty going to the door and going OI LET ME OUT and we'd let her out and she'd go dig a hole under the rose bushes and piss/poo poo in it and then cover it up and then come back inside.

The only time she'd use the litter was if we'd all been out for ages and she got fed up of holding it, but she really didn't like to go to the toilet inside until she got really old and couldn't be bothered with the outside anymore.

Golden-i posted:

Refurb, how do you be so gross?

Oh... well ok.

Do you have, like, many-shot burst mode on your camera you use to help get these, or are you just really good at it.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Nov 6, 2012

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

El Gar posted:

every time i got the phone out she walked away

Pavlov's finally kicking in.

Does the cat hole on your child barrier have tiny little cat ears.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Nov 7, 2012

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Chorrax posted:

I totally "get" how pre-science idiots came up with the idea of cats having 9 lives.

Hell, because cats can survive (sometimes) a fall at cat terminal velocity there is no height fall they can't potentially survive.

Unless they, like, start high enough there's no air or something.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Is trophy high 24/7 on nip because that'd explain a lot, honestly.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Just give the goddamn cat some treats already woman.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

That's gonna be fun when she grows up and figures out how to turn up the volume

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I'm the Klingon-designed robot vacuum

Is that the one with lasers on top that map the room out? (no, seriously, not a klingon joke)

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Esteban is one motherfucking handsome son of a bitch

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

im confused where do you attach the iphone to that lens

Just with the SLR Lens mount, duh.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Eggplant Wizard posted:

um I don't mean to be insensitive by posting not about Esteban but this is a proclick that you guys need to know about STAT
FREE LIVE CAMS mamma calico with orange babie kittens (probably also some calico babbies but they're a bit piled up atm)

Yeah, if you don't have the Foster Kitten Cam livecam channel bookmarked you're missing out.

What they do is they get a pregnant or newmother rescue and put cams on her and her litter 24/7 as they grow up until they're ready to be adopted out. You get to know them and watch them grow up for a few months. They're really awesome and carefully look after them and weigh them daily and expand the pen and introduce new toys and things at the appropriate stage of their development etc.

Then they tear them away and and send them off to adoptive homes and there's a few updates post-adoption and you can fill the void because look there's another mother with another litter of kittens newlyborn and poking around with their eyes closed.

REPEAT FOREVER.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Nov 17, 2012

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Torties always make so much noise when you're trying to watch a movie

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Alabaster White posted:

pay more attention to your catte instead of some dumbass movie (unless the movie is about cattes)

No see I was making a racist catte comment in response to the post above me

my catte is usually watching the movie intently along with me

especially if the movie has birds in it

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

eh4 posted:

Obsessed by the Kitty livestream:

I hear your pain

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Eggplant Wizard posted:

Every time I watch them they're sleeping :( Still cute but not romping fall over cute.

You can click on the seek bar underneath, there's usually at least a few hours of history if you want romps.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Nov 17, 2012

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Hey I know this is pages ago but I am completely 100% seriousposting when I say that those lilies are loving poisonous to cats and you should avoid having them in the house at all costs if Esteban is fond of eating them. You don't want him to destroy his kidneys. Even a small amount can cause death. http://vetmedicine.about.com/od/toxicology/a/Lily-Toxicity-In-Cats-And-Dogs.htm

poo poo better get him to the vet asap

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I survived superdeadly plants and emergency vet cones, you think I give a crap about your problems, blasteban?

It's me time.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Esteban is the most intent looking cat I've ever seen.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

mod sassinator posted:

gizmo's strung out brother who lives on the streets

Yet seems to have way softer fur.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Somber.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Golden-i, have you noticed any strange bite marks on your neck or ankle lately?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Honestly, I reckon learning that I had to respect my cat or she'd beat me up when I was seven did me a world of good.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

JosephStalinVEVO posted:

is teddy as soft as he looks?

he looks pretty soft

hey

hey teddy

I think I've mentioned my 'infinite floof' theory in here before

have fun just make sure you don't drop anything

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

dur posted:

yah he's super soft and floofy, but also really shy.

I will pique his curiosity with stillness and a held out arm

And let him slowly creep towards me or I towards him

then when I am within range I will gently move to the cheek and begin the scritches

and then he will be mine

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Sniep posted:

the best part about refurb is that any cat slave will know you can still play yawnus (or biteus) interruptus by putting your finger in they mouth.

just avoid the teeth and they are defenseless its amazing

how do you avoid the teeth

and claws

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

More Jaglion

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Nov 22, 2012

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Instatroph

trophygram

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

It's them.

You can tell by the crazy PTSD eyes.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Do you think that all that training you do for trophy has lead to her accidentally training herself/thinking she's being trained to do weirdass mophy poo poo like roll over at stimuli only she knows about?

Or is she just weird.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Nov 22, 2012

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Tiny kittens with curious head-tilts and heads bigger than their bodies and floof bigger than either of them own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Golden-i posted:

everyone tired of refurb meow pictures yet?

oh jesus there goes tonight's sleep