Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

skaboomizzy posted:

cats can be impressively gross

my last cat Reggie would get sniffles about twice a year

one time he was sitting on the floor facing completely away from me, sneezed, and still covered my leg in snot

grandma nargle took a poo poo in the middle of the bathroom floor b/c she was mad i didnt give her ham out of my sandwich today.

cats rule lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i only wish that i one day have the strength to drop a tootsie roll in the work breakroom because they served us cod instead of salmon

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Hi, I would like to paypal/venmo $100 USD for this, get one calendar for myself, and have the excess diverted to a slush fund for others to get this calendar. Is that a thing?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Boogalo posted:

Yep, I have a set too. They're a little on the weak side but hey, cat butts.

haha same

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
oh my god

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Shifty Pony posted:

One of these days I need to feed him.

this new zachtronics game looks great

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
when the whiskers be twitchin' you know they be bitchin'

<3

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
https://twitter.com/jonny290/status/1418971821181915147

:hmmyes:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
nargle's original name was Skittles.

lmao

as if

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
https://twitter.com/jonny290/status/1434604113010909184

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
https://twitter.com/jonny290/status/1460094206043590667

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
yeah our boy cat got his lil microboner out one day several years ago. mrs absolutely lost her poo poo lmao

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
https://twitter.com/jonny290/status/1461558066214703106

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
two cat is super good. i havent done three

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Count me in please and thank you

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
2023's positive affirmation wall complete.

Thank you Shifty Pony for another great job!

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Grandma Nargle checking in!

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
beautiful green eyes with flecks of goooold, i sing to her every night

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
I don't regularly inhabit, but I wanted to give you a Nargle update.

Fact 1: She weighs in at 3.1 pounds.
Fact 2: She is 17 years and 7 months old.
Fact 3: The vet said "this is literally the best blood work ive ever seen on a cat of her age, no liver problems, no kidney problems, no diabetes", so we want to try to give her a couple more good years.

This week she had a bad run-in with, and i wish it was something less lol-worthy, but, constipation. drat cat hasn't taken a dump in five days and X-rays show she's all swole up like a cane toad with poops.

Very run of the mill for old cats.

We went in Wednesday night and she got some fluids and xrays and an enema to get that crap out! However, she did not prefer to do the dirty deed, and so she has been admitted for one, possibly two nights.

The plan of attack this time is to hit her with colostomy prep beverages, which, if any of you know, prrrrrrobably will get things sorted out.

I've tried to be really tough and strong about it, because the alternative - losing your kitty because she's full of poo poo - is so ridiculous that I won't be a party to it.

Everybody send Nargle positive energies as she spends a day or two chilling with some of the best vets in town, draining my savings, on some absolute mindfuck sedatives

cw sick kitty

Somebody gets miralax mixed in with her wet food if she pulls out of this.

We'll know more tomorrow.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
yeah she basically floats. All fuzz no beef.

She has pretty bad arthritis in her back hips which all kind of ties in - can't clean her bootyhole so good etc - and the doc clued us into a new monoclonal antibody treatment for that

https://www.zoetispetcare.com/products/solensia

One shot every 1-3 months and the head doc said she's seen cats nargle's age turn into playful kittens again after a round or three. We're gonna hit it up

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

FAUXTON posted:

also idk if it's just been the lack of other cats for scale but I would never have thought Scoops was a hair over, like, 13 lbs.

you feedin that cat fishing weights or smth

depleted purranium

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
yeti i'm casting level 3 Recall Cat for you!

Nargle has dropped a couple of posts overnight, but we're still waiting for tom_collins.txt. she is being a lovebug with all the gabapentin in her system, a text just said. And she snarfed down lunch (future post material) with a vengeance

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Nargle gets to come home today.

Vet says she mayyyyy be starting to get the ole' megacolon but we're gonna see how she does on a 100% wet food + miralax diet and also getting her on Solensia to make her hips less arthritic so she doesnt hate making GBS threads quite as much

I imagine she'll feel better once she's back in her nest and we can get rid of the cone and IV and nose hose. Vet sent me a pic at 5am

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Nargle is home, shaved in a very punk rock haircut, smelling terrible, and i couldn't be happier.

Bill turned out to be a little less than I expected, we got a plan going forward, and she's asleep on her fuzzy rug with a heating pad underneath.

She lives to mrr another day.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
uh wat?

I'm glad it was resolved but that's a _very_ weird policy

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Yeah I get the context now. they're down on the trenches sorting out the Street Cats, rules are a lil different for them.

Nargle status: Leaky butt, got some puppy pads here and there. Set up a litter box right over in the closet next to her. She's eating and drinking and cleaning herself - all good signs.

Washing her favorite fuzzy rug now

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
the ONE time spray foam is acceptable*

*jk. dont ever use that poo poo for anything ever.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
nargle woke up and started lookin around when i played that from across the room

Cat Chat :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
hah is that an old tektronix something