Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
That is one of the funniest strips ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Honestly though, it DOES seem really soon for another Magical Realism arc.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
welp this arc just redeemed itself in my eyes

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Welp, i said i was getting tired of magical realism, but this just keeps getting better. We should all learn to trust Onstad more i think.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Ghost Captain posted:

Hey, can someone find for me the comic where Teodor has a dream in which he takes his mouth off and his name in the dream isn't Teodor? I can't remember anything useful to search for.

This one?

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I think this is a great idea, as i'm one of those people who always preferred the shorter strips to the longer ones.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Am i the only one who finds this entire story arc to just feel really forced and melodramatic? To be honest, i don't think any of the "drama" arcs have been very good, though. But i just don't see how this is so darn depressing.

(disclaimer: i love achewood!! i just dont love the drama)

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Okay, i have to admit i liked this one. :3:

... But i still want those erection-punches and slidewhistles! :mad:

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I just figured it was a messed-up mouth spurting blood.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
oh god

oh jesus god

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
this is hardly the optimal condition for a cartoon bear to experiment with his sexuality:qq:

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
This is a heartwarming twist. :3:

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
People actually dislike Citizen Kane? I watched it 6 months or so ago, and i thought it was incredible, both in terms of cinematography and plot.

Of course, no matter what you feel about the film, it's hard to dislike the new strip. :v:

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Man, if this is the quality of comics we get at this update schedule, then bring on the one-comic-a-month regime! :haw:

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
It's not like we don't know where the storyline was going, anyway. Ray and Beef got involved and saved the day and Teodor explored his sexuality. There. :colbert: (Beef depression strips are the best strips, anyway)

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

McGravin posted:

I think you're right.

And panels two and three are pretty clearly recycled.

To be fair, "lying on the floor being depressed" is basically Beef's hobby.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I dunno, it does seem like kind of an unclassy move to leave people hanging like that, and then make a post where you basically go "PS: donate, lol".

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Ugh, this just keeps getting worse. Just stop it, Chris. It's okay, you can let it die now. :sigh:

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I actually liked this one! Hopefully we won't be seeing any more Zany Artsy Plotlines for a while, because i can barely remember the last time there was a Funny Thing in the comic.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

what kind of man has his priorities so screwed up he can't enjoy a little Laser Sex Math

Laser Sex Math was a weak payoff to an asinine storyline, and it was pretty much bordering on self-parody. :colbert: There, i said it.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
This is cool news, but I hope they work on the animation a bit, because it looks kinda bad the way it is.

Also, I just realized that I have never actually considered what their voices would sound like, so I guess I'm the only person who isn't worrying about that!

e: vvv They should really try to get David Lynch to guest-direct any scenes with Cartilage Head.

Freak Futanari fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Feb 25, 2013

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

BJPaskoff posted:

I'm bad at voices in my head. While reading the what-if voice chat I realized I never actually gave them voices, they just had different patterns of speech. I wonder if this is A Psychological Problem. :smith:

Yeah, this is basically how i am too!

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Those are some pretty great voices! It definitely made me realize that what works in a comic format doesn't necessarily work in animation, though. The pacing just ends up feeling weird.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
The fact that Onstad doesn't really WANT to voice Beef is what makes him perfect for Beef.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

BitterAvatar posted:

Picking your favorite strip is kind of like playin' a basketball game, where I am the winner.

Hell yes, this is one of my favorites too. Still have the print hanging on my wall.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I couldn't even bring myself to get excited when I saw there was a new comic, and after reading it I'm really glad i didn't get my hopes up.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Man, THAT was actually good! I guess that's our annual good strip out of the way. :v:

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Oh hey, this one was great too!

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Man, i can't really bring myself to care about this storyline. I was hoping Onstad had given up on it.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I can't wait until people buy his artichoke-flavored soda and just get empty coke bottles with little notes in them say "SORRY! TOO DEPRESSED TO DELIVER PRODUCT".

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
This is a pretty boring arc, and it keeps getting more boring.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
This comic made my eyes glaze over and it wasn't really very entertaining. That is my opinion on this comic strip.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

head58 posted:

Maybe you'd find other talking animal comics more your speed. I hear there's one about a cat who likes lasagna and doesn't cotton much to Mondays.

I agree, Garfield is genuinely funnier than the last bunch of Achewood strips.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I loving love epic Achewood quotes. It's insanely cool, to me, that people, in this thread, have read Achewood, and prove it by repeatedly quoting it. When people do that, i like to post another quote in response, from the same comic, to prove that i too have read Achewood. It's like a little secret handshake that us Achewooders do, to prove to each other that we read Achewood, in the thread about Achewood.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

The Tao Jones posted:

is this really the best that FYAD can do these days

If i was funny enough for FYAD i probably wouldn't be reading Achewood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Johnny Aztec posted:

Alright, switch it up some more. Keep the old man, have him be hetero, and make Teodor female( current age as in the strip. Which is what...late 20s?)
Is it still cool with you guys that some hog is getting tasted

Let's say that the old man is Hitler, and Theodor is an 8-year old Jewish boy, and the van is Auschwitz. STILL OKAY WITH THAT?????? HUH?!?!?!?!??!??!?!?!