Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution

smashczar posted:

What's the deal with achewoodstore.com? Everything I tried to buy is sold out and I was gonna buy like a heap of things.

I got it to put a framed strip in the shopping cart but other than that I had the same experience :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

he's been in that van since May 9th, how much more bummed can he get

I was bored this morning:

September 10th is the date of the last published Achewood strip at which point it was 127 days since our last workplace give-a-gently caress. 127 days before September 10th is May 6th, right between the end of the Phillipe Goes Home storyline (May 4) and the start of the High School storyline (May 9).

:tinfoil:

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution

JHomer722 posted:

:siren: New Strip! :siren:

Edit: It appears I was beaten, but I just wanted to do the sirens and such.

Your link is broken too :ssh:

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution
I enjoyed this one than the previous two. I'd still like more comics, but I'm convinced that I'll renew my Fanflow again in the hope that there will still be more celebrations of the English language :)

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution

Johnny Aztec posted:

I can't speak for everyone, but for me I'd like to say this about Twitter: gently caress Twitter.

For special consideration

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution

Calaveron posted:

That's the thing, though. There comes a time where we're all "oh god why won't he stop hitting me SCREW HIM I'M OUT" but then he takes me out to a dinner show with a hysterical, beautiful, incredibly clever and likeable comic and everything is forgiven, until a month later where the cycle begins anew.

Slight changes to the above and there it is: ladies and gentlemen, we are in an abusive relationship :(

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution

Young Freud posted:

Or the Dominic Deegan thread.

Or jokes in general

Like this one about Circumstances :ohdear:

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution

withak posted:

Phillipe is canadian?

I think Phillipe is engaging in an ill-advised costume time

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution
Where's the donation link to keep the cartoonist lit and firing?

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution
Teodor looks pretty true-to-life

Lyle looks even angrier when he's a deep shade of red :ohdear:

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution
On the one hand I totally felt where he was coming from. I think everyone who has ever tried a creative project has felt this way at one point or another.

On the other hand gently caress yes people who haven't gotten the content and merchandise that they paid for are entitled to complain! He wrote an essay on how people who get free content in little pieces shouldn't bitch on his microsubscription service. :psyduck:

Speaking for myself, I don't see my Assetbar subscription getting reactivated to see more chapbooks and potential half-formed things. I'll take the suggestion of leaving it to RSS (in the same category as PBF - "updates rare as the dickens").

e: Is there an RSS feed for only the achewood.com updates and not the assetbar subscription? I can't find one now :saddowns:

csammis fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Mar 21, 2011

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution
Nicely done :golfclap:

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution

Clitch posted:

I don't remember any mention of Roast Beef trying anti-depressants, and that's always bugged me.

He registered for a shitload of anti-depressants for his wedding

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution

Locus posted:

The home page got changed so that it produces a random comic with each refresh. At first I was ultra-excited about seemingly stumbling onto a new update, until I realized. :smith:

I guess looking at the same comic for five months at a time does grate on a fellow but this solution :psyduck:

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution
Proving once again that revisionist history is and always has been the best history

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution

Fren posted:

Welp.

You didn't quote the best part!

http://www.assetbar.com/index posted:

Actions you can take

Withdraw your remaining funds
Donate the remainder of your balance to Chris Onstad
Continue to browse your Premium Content until January 1, 2012
Follow Achewood on Twitter

Has Assetbar ever had any creators other than Achewood? It couldn't have helped their bottom line when Onstad did his gently caress ALL Y'ALL routine :(

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution

SeanBeansShako posted:

God I am going to miss alt text when that website goes.

Back it up :ssh:

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution
Then Todd loses a bunch of weight.

I've used the "If ____ were a piano ___ would be considered a bold and unpredictable new talent" line in conversation and it's a winner. Achewood is indeed a celebration of the English language :unsmith:

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution

ManiacClown posted:

Am I mixing up Achewood continuity with something else, or was Henrietta the name of the fever-dream chicken prostitute from way back?

Ray's chick didn't have a name, Roast Beef's was Cynthia

e: I think the second comic might explain a lot about Achewood recently. Where is Gary? Dammit, get him in here <:mad:>

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution

basx posted:

There was one where baby Beef was in a garbage bag screaming with the pull-tie tight around his neck...

Do you mean the Wonder bread bag onesie?

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=04192005

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution
:siren: And now, back to Ray In Rehab! :siren:

...sorta :nws: if your boss routinely examines your computer screen with a magnifying glass

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution

kreayshawns talent posted:

Yeah.

What's with the weird stilted language in this one?

If you mean Doc Andretti, that's how he always talks. Ray's language seems pretty usual to me.

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution

Rollersnake posted:

Also this has always been one of the most profoundly depressing Achewood strips, and there wasn't any doubt in my mind that it was due to Onstad's circumstances, but I only just now realized this was Molly's final appearance in the comic Molly disappeared from the strip entirely shortly after this.

This is the last strip with Molly in it that I could find: December 2, 2010 ... I wouldn't really call it "disappearing from the strip" as this date is less than twenty strips from when everyone disappeared :smith:

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution
I'm having trouble defining it precisely but I read it as "absolutely" in this context.

Garfield absolutely has a peter in his mouth.

e: "straight up" works too!

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution

Miss Kalle posted:

Kinda wish the women's shirt selection was just as diverse as the men's. I want a Sex Bicycle shirt but prefer the fitted cut :saddowns:

You should ask for some women's designs. He seems to be taking suggestions.

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution

tehloki posted:

Teodor has moobs? When did Teodor have moobs?

Téodor has some fun little tits today!

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution
I've tried using the last panel in conversation but it's...difficult

e: first time in nearly ten years I try using attachments and I utterly fail at it :smith:

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution
Nice Pete has written some classical music! Hear how it glistens and gives a good man honest ideas.

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution
Well don't anyone :siren: link to it :siren: or anything!

I'm digging the Friday updates. It's helping me turn my own gently caress You Fridays into a thing of hope

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution
Well anyone wondering if we'd see Molly again I guess there is your answer

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution

Atmus posted:

Because death is final and permanent in Achewood.

Jesus Atmus we got the chessboard out but you playin' whack-a-mole

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution

satan!!! posted:

I tried for 15 minutes on ohnorobot, and I can't find the strip where Vlad and Teodor are on Vlad's radio show, and Vlad has some quote like 'I am registerink patent in millenium you spend speaking of ...'. Is that too vague? I'm freaking out.

Bfeh! You are failed by marketplace.

I ended up searching for "Disney" because I remembered Vlad doing his show on the pretext that Onstad went to Disneyland. Perhaps too much of my brain is dedicated to Achewood.

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution

fritz posted:

I don't remember Penny?

Here have a link that might help?

Actually that indicates to me that Penny wasn't a human in the first place. She's met Ray and not been freaked out by a talking cat in a thong.

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution

Johnny Aztec posted:

We will just have to agree to disagree. Everyone has their own perception of Ray and cast in their head.
I just see a fairly huge difference between Ray charming the pants off a lady(and then wearing a crown as he wrote about it in his diary) and Ray expressing his desire to suckle on Pat's (currently nonexistent) man-titties.

Ray's clumsiness at being a breast man is well established. loving hell Ray.

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I never noticed that Vlad works at a pawn shop before, but it makes perfect sense.

Wow I didn't know that symbol meant anything. Today is a day of learning!

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution

cletepurcel posted:

Ray being a McDonald's dude is obvious but I wonder what thinking went into Burger King for Lyle and Jack In The Box for Phillipe.

Maybe Lyle is giving the finger to Burger King because he used to be a McDonalds manager (shown in the recently mentioned storyline)

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution

I have had just the devil of a week and I'm not looking forward to today but this is making me laugh every time I see it :unsmith:

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution
:siren: New strip is up :siren:

An unexpected visit from Pat :ohdear:

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution

Shibawanko posted:

In the 5th panel, is she holding the trumpet Lyle played with his cock?

Not unless that trumpet ended up at Goodwill

(never ever ever play wind instruments from Goodwill)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution
Come on everyone let's not play this wrong

:siren: New strip is up! :siren: