Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deodorant
Dec 10, 2006
Pete Doherty's dealer
Your video looks fine there. The main thing is that your foot stayed on the ball with the heel up. Everything else tends to follow that. Also, don't be afraid to stay off the bike a bit longer after the apex and instead focus on getting it upright and using the throttle more.

While I'm sometimes guilty of making my move off the seat during my turn in as well, ideally you do it somewhere down the straight before. You can still grip the tank with both legs if you need to, though it then becomes easier to stay crossed up through the entire corner.

I think you'll find that moving your knees closer to the tank with the pegs is going to make one-legged bracing a lot easier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deodorant
Dec 10, 2006
Pete Doherty's dealer
Went racing last weekend, struggled. Buttonwillow sucks.

Novice Middleweight: 8th of 36, 36 points
600 Production: 24th of 37, 13 points
750 Production: 32nd of 43, 8 points
Formula I: 23rd of 41, 17 points

That was my first trip to Buttonwillow in almost 2 years and only my third ever. No excuse though, I rode slower than guys that I should be beating (I podiumed easily in Novice Middleweight last year). Still brought home some points and a complete bike, ensuring that I'll start in roughly the same spot on the grid at Sears Point (where I have way more seat time) next month.

Sadly my Vholdr battery is defective and vibrates loose when I use it, so I got zero video from the weekend. Next round I should have plenty though.

Deodorant
Dec 10, 2006
Pete Doherty's dealer
I'm curious to see the drop-off for Sears, if there is one. Lots of people don't want to make the trip to BWizzle, so it may offset those who drop after the opening round.

Hopefully it stays high, I need points when/if I podium there. :)

• Locked thread