Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.
Oh, dear.

I just realized that the local track (HPR) has 3 open lapping days/month, all summer long. $150 for a full day.

That could be bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.

NitroSpazzz posted:

All loaded up and ready to go. Guess which one makes less power...There is likely less that 85hp in this picture.

Click here for the full 1125x844 image.

No, I wouldn't believe it, unless the 5 bikes and 1 car average 14 HP.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:

needknees posted:

I come seeking the great wisdom of CA on this potential move...

Any thoughts?
Sell it and track a V-Strom. Or a Ninja 250. Or a DRZ400.

Not helping, am I?

Almost kinda content - I just had a relatively hilarious (and brief) daydream about tracking the SR250 at High Plains Raceway. Considering that when I was driving a cab between my last job and this one, I tracked a 2002 Windstar (yes, that was my cab), putting ridiculous stuff on the track has a certain appeal. :v:

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:

Rakekniven posted:

You involved with the MRA at all? I was at the race school and the first race (two weekends ago) doing corner work and motorcycle pickup. HPR is quite an impressive track.
What is this MRA you speak of?
I haven't done any digging at all on local cycle orgs, racing or otherwise. Despite being fairly active in the local SCCA community, I hadn't thought of looking for the same on the biek side of the garage.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:

needknees posted:

I was keeping an eye (more like mashing f5 repeatedly) on NWS the night before
I can't be the only one that read that as, "I was keeping an eye (more like mashing f5 repeatedly) on :nws: the night before"

Changes the story quite a bit - for the better, I think.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:

needknees posted:

Meh, safety wire is a good idea even on a streetbike. You don't need to go crazy on it (unless you own a KLR) but even though...Plus it looks cool :shobon:
Fixed that up a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
We have the most beautiful track here in Denver - so far away from most of you all...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0z4156Wsoc

• Locked thread