Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
This guy had the best tape job at the track today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
It is really more of a school. They have both classroom instruction and some laps where you are followed/led by instructors.

At that's what it looked like when I saw it, haven't been through it yet myself :)

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
I'm speaking of the TrackAddix school

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
Is yours actually rated to tow? My newer model isn't (at least I don't think it is) so I'm afraid to even try :ohdear:

I do so want to do track days :ohdear:

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
I don't believe MAM has any conveniently located electrical since most guys have always had generators from what I've seen (and I've never seen an outlet in the 'paddock' area)

Maybe you should have bought a new superbike so you could get a canopy/chairs/tire warmers/etc :smug:

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
This could of been you

Except it wasn't haha :)

It could have been me too, if I had the necessary equipment :(

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

needknees posted:

Was that you who rolled up on the red CBR600? What equipment are you lacking? You don't need to go all fancy and have a track bike, stands, tire warmers, trailer, etc... your bike will be fine with very minimal prep you can do at the track, and you can probably get pants that attach to your jacket that would be legal. Hell, there was a dude who rolled in on a ZX14 complete with hardbags. He took those off, taped his poo poo, and was ready to go. He rode with us in the novice group (and passed me once :() and did pretty drat well. If that's not a testament to being able to track a bike without some elaborate setup I don't know what is.

It was the orange one parked near the Duke/spotty CBR1000RR later in the day.

I had just put on the sliders/engine covers finally that morning actually :shobon: I kind of want a trailer still just so I can get my bike home should something bad happen, or if I'm just tired :ohdear: I should have such facilities available later this year (too late for this season, but ready for next). Plus then I could go to Hastings and such.

The only thing I really need is a different getup since I don't have a 360* zipper. I've been needing new pants/jacket anyway since my current stuff doesn't really fit properly anymore so I've been thinking of getting a 2 piece so I could use it for that and my regular street riding. I guess I could try having them order something in and guestimate my sizing.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
I saw one in the track school I believe the other weekend :haw:

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
Doesn't it have a damper?

Maybe the factory HESD unit just doesn't work very well for that :ohdear:

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

Maybe get one of these, though it might be cheaper/easier to get another bike

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
Riding demos on MAM made me really want to get my own bike out there already :ohdear:

• Locked thread