Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY CUBIC CENTIMETERS
I'm drunkreading so my attention span couldn't parse your entire post, but this pic owns and you should probably get it framed or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

Lemme know if you're ever out at any of the tracks near ATL; I'm awful at and kinda hate photography, but I can do videography with my glidecam rig.

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

Rider tragically passed away at an STT Barber day yesterday. Doesn't happen often, but it still hurts whenever it does.

https://www.facebook.com/sportbiketracktime/posts/1075548422501045?pnref=story

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

M42 posted:

Yeah he was a buddy of a friend of mine. My friend was the one who originally convinced him to try the track. I can't imagine how he feels right now, let alone his family. Just a kid too...
gently caress. Who was it? I have a couple of friends who are out of town and concerned that it may be someone they know

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

Your powerband on an R6 (depending on the year, I speak of the 06-07 since that's what I own) is from 9k-14k. It's most aggressive between 9-12k, then it will settle down for a moment, and has a less aggressive second wind from ~12k-14k. You need to absolutely wring that thing's neck out.

Also, I dunno what DOTs are priced at now, but I've always preferred them to slicks. Grip is extremely similar, and you won't die if there's a light mist. And yeah, Q2s/Q3s are great, but they do start to get greasy if you're running them consistently hard, especially in the summer.

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

BlackMK4 posted:

R6 is ready
Mine is not :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

BlackMK4 posted:

It doesn't look that far off :)
It's actually not. We tore it down to check for frame damage, etc and it's immaculate. Just needs a ton of fiberglass work, which I've been dragging my feet on.

• Locked thread