Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
aventari
Mar 20, 2001

I SWIFTLY PENETRATED YOUR MOMS MEAT TACO WHILE AGGRESSIVELY FONDLING THE UNDERSIDE OF YOUR DADS HAIRY BALLSACK, THEN RIPPED HIS SAUSAGE OFF AND RAMMED IT INTO YOUR MOMS TAILPIPE. I JIZZED FURIOUSLY, DEEP IN YOUR MOMS MEATY BURGER WHILE THRUSTING A ANSA MUFFLER UP MY GREASY TAILHOLE
Anyone planning a Socal track day in the near future? I want to get out on the track again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

I SWIFTLY PENETRATED YOUR MOMS MEAT TACO WHILE AGGRESSIVELY FONDLING THE UNDERSIDE OF YOUR DADS HAIRY BALLSACK, THEN RIPPED HIS SAUSAGE OFF AND RAMMED IT INTO YOUR MOMS TAILPIPE. I JIZZED FURIOUSLY, DEEP IN YOUR MOMS MEATY BURGER WHILE THRUSTING A ANSA MUFFLER UP MY GREASY TAILHOLE
Are those Michelin Power One 2CT's? How do you like them?

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

Z3n posted:

Yeah, the most banking I've ever been on is streets of willow, which is a comparatively tame 20 degrees. Nothing like a shitload of positive camber to help you out :D

That banked bowl is where I get the bike leaned over the most by far. My kickstand is worn half-through and the muffler can and pipe are worn pretty bad from that one turn :)

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

I just picked up an extra set of F4i wheels with front rotors and a rear sprocket (no rear rotor) for $100, score!

I got these to put race tires on for track days so I can step up to some real rubber and not wipe out.

Any suggestions on decent race tires to get for someone just moving up to them for the first time? Hopefully I'll do 3-5 track days this season.

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

needknees posted:

It's still processing but here's TsavenNava's trip through the grass:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaJgfkjJOhM

Those never look as pucker-inducing on video as they actually are in real life :)

How do you like the JR Honda leathers? I assume they're the ones from Newenough. I have the Kawi ones (almost identical) I've been using for a couple years and I love them. The stock plastic pucks are pretty soft though. I've only done 5 or so track days total and they wore out quickly. I upgraded to ceramic ones--I recommend it.
http://www.newenough.com/street/armor/knee_sliders_pucks/joe_rocket/speedmaster_motorcycle_knee_sliders.html

aventari fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Apr 27, 2010

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

Tsaven Nava posted:

Given that it had rained recently and the grass was still very wet, it could have been much worse. Two sessions after I went off, a guy on an SV650 went off in the exact same place, wiped out and broke his collarbone. Dual-sport FTW!

I think what happened in my situation was that I got the bike over far enough to touch my toe to the ground, which startled me and made me panic, chopping the throttle. I had to dive in on the corner to stay upright because of it, which made me apex too early and run WAY wide, running off the track.

Kept it up though (gentle rear brake, and a bit of experience on lovely, slippery roads), and as soon as the group passed, the corner worker waved me back on.

That's awesome :) it's scary the first few time you drag your toe/peg. I'm really happy with stock pegs that fold in, I think hitting a solid mounted peg like on a bike with rearsets would really upset things.

I've run off track once in the dirt at Willow Springs and like you said, once you see you're going off wide, get the bike up be super ginger with inputs.

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

Anyone in SoCal interested in SOWS June 27th?

http://trackdaz.com/ti/trackdaz/catgroup.html?category=27%20June%202010%20%40%20Streets%20of%20Willow%20Springs

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

FuzzyWuzzyBear posted:

Will the 2CT PP give me better longevity or is it not worth the difference in traction between the middle and outside of the tire?

I love my 2CT's and I ride an F4i.

I got a set 2 years ago, the front has 12,000 and it's time to be replaced.
The rear I got 6000 miles out of, and that's because I got a screw in it. Probably had another 1000 left.
Right now I have 5500 on the worn out Battlax BT-016 I replaced it with.

I've got a new set of 2CT's ready to swap on this weekend.

I dont ride the bike easy and i've done a couple track days on my 2CT's. I run a pace between advanced group and intermediate group and I love these tires on the track. I'm very happy with them for a compromise between street and track.

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

BlackMK4 posted:

Wait, 6k out of a pilot power 2ct rear? I think I got like 4k out of a PP (same center as 2ct) rear on my f4i. What shape is your tire? That's pretty fuckin awesome mileage.

To be fair, I run far past the wear bars until I think it's time to replace. Like I said I'm gonna get 6k out of this BT-016 I'm on with is about as soft as a PP

I'll go take of pic of it currently

edit: about 1k left :)

aventari fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Jul 4, 2010

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

nice helmet

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

Bugdrvr posted:

I did my first track day at Streets of Willow this weekend and had a total blast. I definitely learned a ton while out there and had a ton of fun doing it. I really wish I signed up for both days instead of just Saturday.

I can't wait to do another one.

Here's the old girl getting ready to open up on the front straight

My bike was the oldest one there by far but it also seemed to draw a ton of attention. Guess people like to see something out there other than the myriad supersports that usually come out.
dude, that's awesome. It really is great to see different bikes out there. There was a nice KZ1000 last time I went out to Streets.

Pretty drat hot there huh? I hope you had an EZ-UP
Let me know next time you're gonna head out there I need to get out to some more track days before this winter.

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

-Inu- posted:

The two big orgs on the east coast, STT and NESBA both require it. I don't know about elsewhere in the country.

All of the providers I've ridden with in SoCal say to tape your lights and wheel weights, cover the speedo, pull brake light fuse, remove/tape mirrors. At tech they check the tires, throttle return, body parts and chain in tech.

I've always had a near stock, newish street bike so they don't look too hard at my stuff I don't think

For cars it's always been self tech _everything_

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

Yeah post before you go, I love Streets and I haven't been to a bike track day since the rainy one we went to last time

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

Gullous posted:

My R6 seized up. I'm grateful it went out as I was pitting on my last session.

As I was pulling into my pit the engine made a lovely sound, like a terrible pinging. I killed the engine, waited, and tried to turn it over. Nothing. Rear wheel won't turn, even in 6th.

Time to tear into it...

How was the oil level?

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

It looks like you're sliding your butt off but not moving your upper body much. Gotta lean way over and forward and "kiss your mirrors".

Some people (ahem) will talk a lot about how body positioning doesn't matter but I find if I'm way leaned over properly I get more feel and am much more confident and in control, and able to make small corrections easier. Getting the knee down really helps a lot too as a gauge of what's happening.

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

Spiffness posted:

That was an exceptional bit of race video

Seriously, that was an awesome finish

Does anyone have any more good racing video like this? It was quite entertaining?

this is an awesome video too, even though it's 'saloon cars' :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kY5zdnGvT0c

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

awesome photo

• Locked thread