Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe

Zool posted:

:woop: Maybe we can meet up for a race in Oregon next summer.

If you guys ever hit up Portland International or ORP for a race or trackday you gotta let me know. I can't race but if it's for a trackday I am there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe
I need to get in at least one day at ORP before the end of the season. I ran it last year before all of the curbing was put in and still had a freaking blast. The halfpipe is great but corners coming out of it are SO FUN, I was running it counter-clockwise and the long left-hand sweeper coming up and out of it was my favorite corner.

If you guys give me a heads up next time you guys are planning on going out maybe I could swing it. Awesome photos and video btw.

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe
Counterclockwise those two downhill braking zones are pretty intense but it makes it really easy to pass slower people because the less experienced guys braked really early and stayed really wide. That said it made for one hell of a workout by the end of the day. They didn't have a safety barrier on the wall that separates the hot pit from the track so I think thats why we didn't run clockwise. My good friend has been out there this year and had really good things to say about it clockwise so I really can't wait to get out there.

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe
ORP looks like it's come a long way since I rode it a couple years ago. It didn't have curbs and the drainage was horrible as it spread dirt through some of the corners as the water drained across the track. Despite it's short comings back then it was still amazing fun.

• Locked thread