Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lokigoesrawr
Nov 18, 2004

roar.

-Inu- posted:

Awesome advice as usual though...sounds like my line choice is screwing me in every possible way. But yeah, I was looking at the Trackmaster data from that lap, and my speeds from turn in to crash went as follows:

(Updated every 1 sec)
49mph
52mph
49mph
49mph
56mph

54mph
51mph
44mph
31mph
17mph
3mph
1mph

I'm guessing that the 7mph increase in 1 second while leaned over in a turn spun up the tire, which would explain why speeds dropped 5mph shortly after that (tire spinning) and then it was on its side. poo poo, it sure did not feel like 2 seconds went by. It feels like the tire only spun for a fraction of a second and then dumped me off. Didn't even have time to process or correct it.

Cool deal though, it sure as hell is teaching me a lot. Now to try to get to Jennings open day Nov 8...

Just picked up a Qstarz BT-818XT (10hz Bluetooth GPS receiver) to mess around with in Trackmaster. I'm really excited to try it out next weekend at Road Atlanta. Have you tried putting your data in Google Earth or anything? Have you found any way to make pretty pictures/graphs for the internets? Do you find the resolution at 1hz fine enough to see the different lines you're taking? Where did you put your phone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lokigoesrawr
Nov 18, 2004

roar.
VIR 6/11-12 and Road Atlanta 7/2-3

Need to figure out how to perf my suit to try not to nearly pass out like I did last July. Brutal summers. Spring and fall are so much more pleasant to do these in.

lokigoesrawr
Nov 18, 2004

roar.

Veritas posted:

i'll play :)

Looks like a very fun bike. 08-09 Ninjette? What does a race build entail?

• Locked thread