Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Studio posted:

I just want to know why the body count for named characters was 0. Corpse count has been too low lately!

I assume there is going to be a huge culling in the coming month. They are doing a 12 part storyline and it looks like the end of the Negan saga

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

FilthyImp posted:

It didn't help that he looked like a pedophile garbage man or something. The bits with his daughter were interesting, though. And he basically served to job to Michonne.

I will say that I am glad that the TV Governor did not do what the comic one did. That was completely unnecessary

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

moths posted:

I was trying to explain Negan to a friend who watches the show, and he was like "I hope they get Eli Roth" and I couldn't disagree.

I'm really enjoying the larger-than-life survivors at this point. Negan and not-George Clinton would probably have gotten the same eyeroll reception Michonne did, but the world keeps getting stranger and it makes for a more interesting world. I really don't know how this arc is going to end.

I've got a hunch Jesus is going to end up in charge of the Saviors in a not especially poetic twist, though.

not-George Clinton is doomed since he is sleeping with michonne. I assume its going to end with all three communities in ruins and Rick is going to go back on his road tour of destruction.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Brain Aged posted:

If they follow the comic still we have a long time until we see Negan on the show, if we ever do at all.

My memory starts getting foggy after the prison story when it comes to these books.

It would be 50 issues. There is still the cannibals, trip to DC, and Hilltop and Rick taking control of it.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I can see them getting a good chunk of that 50 out of the way in the next half season. There was a lot of issues of just spinning wheels while Kirkman was trying to figure out what to do next during that period.

They already got a little chunk of it done with the phone storyline.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Oh man Shiva is dead :(

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

moths posted:

Yeah bringing a tiger to a gunfight could have ended more predictably. That much was a nice surprise, at least.

I think he can finally emotionally bond with Michonne now, so good for those two?

That means he is doomed, or he could kill her off. Dating her is a death sentence just like being best friends with Rick.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

therealjon_ posted:

Oh hey another chapter in the ALL OUT WAR came out today.

There has been a serious lack of Negan of late but it is nice to see him back. I'm going to assume the sexy picture of Dwight on the cover means he most likely will be saving the day somehow.

Or dying horribly

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Not a bad issue.

Pretty convenient for the Holly zombie to be completely silent, it was also a pretty obvious thing to do but since no one ever did anything like this in the novels yet I suppose it is a pretty clever trick.

Also now Ricks side is doctorless

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

I can not wait for Rick to finally snap and be worse than Negan and the Governor.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

therealjon_ posted:

We can only hope.

It ends with Carl killing Rick and allying with Negan

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Whargoul posted:

It ends with issue 126 I think. 127 is supposed to start the "whole new direction. "

I would legitimately be suprised if Dwight just killed Rick though. He'll probably be out for the rest of the war though. Carl will end up killing Neegan.

The new direction is Carl playing videogames with his zombie dad in the garage.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Brain Aged posted:

If they did that how would they drag the stories out twice as long as necessary?

Why do I feel that while they say this story will change everything, nothing is going to change? A character or two will die but other than that it will be Rick and co get to a new place that seems safe, bad poo poo goes down often there fault, and then they move on?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Holy fucken poo poo that was the most pointless game changing storyline I have ever read. Holy poo poo was it pointless and went nowhere. Also Rick you are a fucken idiot

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

therealjon_ posted:

I'm not gonna be able to get to the store today, what ends up happening?

Lets just say that Age of Ultron and Battle of the Atom had more of a point.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

moleman posted:

How's that "You kill, you die." working out for you, Rick?

Rick is a loving idiot and watch him escape and kill a loved one in 127.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Honestly Rick NEEDS to die.

So how long until Negan escapes, kills a bunch of people, and Carl has to kill him?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

LadyPictureShow posted:

Dumb. I mean I figured it wasn't going to be a last-second 'wipe out all the b-listers (and maybe a couple A- guys)' thing like the prison fight, but eh.

I would have preferred *anything* else. Even a 'Oh, hey, let's get you some medical attention... whoops, can't because you killed our doctor, d-bag.'

Next issue's a double, right? I sure hope every panel is just a succession of everybody calling Rick a moron.

'Woah, hey guys, I know this whole mess got your friend/husband/boyfriend/girlfriend/dad/leg/tiger killed, but I'm Rick, sooooo...'

Also why was this storyline 12 loving parts? It was maybe a 3-4 parter. I think that is what pisses me off the most. It was a stupidly long pointless storyline.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Soulcleaver posted:

The loving Clone Saga had more of a point.

"Killing is wrong!" *stabs a dude in the throat with a knife*

I can forgive the clone saga since it later gave us tr scarlet spider series. This storyline was pointless an long and I really see nothing good coming from it.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Steve2911 posted:

The Walking Dead Shippuden! The Walking Dead Z!

Huh, I quite liked that. I think I'll give it a few issues and see where it's all going. If they go straight back to Negan being the main antagonist though I'll be pissed. The ending definitely hinted that.

Oh yeah he will be escaping and destroying poo poo. I half expect That there will be a mass slaughter and we start to follow the new group.
Also can someone post a panel of how Carl looks, its pretty hilarious?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Risky posted:

Holy poo poo, I cannot believe they time jumped. Any clue to how long it has been since 126? Also, where the gently caress is Michonne?

I assume the Kingdom with Ezekiel

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

This issue was not that bad, but its pretty obvious where its going The new recruits are going to find Negan and thinking that he is innocent will let him free. He will then destroy the society that Rick built up.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

Yeah but that will take like 30 issues to happen.

Ha try 2! It also looks like Rick has gone crazier than before. I think we are getting to the end of Rick's story.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Darth Ronson posted:

Seriously, if this is the way it goes down, I'm done with the book. I don't mind if Rick dies, but if they actually do this, it's just bad writing. I hope the next issue has the female lead saying 'Yeah, no chance. We're not idiots' and not doing what everyone's been saying.

Looks like we have a winner!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

The amazing thing is how nobody have thought of doing this until now. We saw that if you have zombies or smell like a zombie you are safe. It is just a more extreme way of covering yourself in their blood and guts.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

therealjon_ posted:

So really 133 is more of the same from last issue. However now Andrea is getting friendly with the new people who stopped her in the house to talk to her.

I kind of feel like this is setting up that those new people survived so long because they were part of the crew of dudes dressed up as zombies and they are working together somehow. I dunno I kind of hope I'm wrong though, but it feels like a Kirkman angle.

I think they will make you think that, then just go with them being unaware of them. The fact he has added so many new characters means its almost time for a culling and Rick and co back on the road.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

TheBalor posted:

I feel like the current storyline is something that would have been better skipped over. I think everyone's ready to move on to Carl's adulthood.

Looks like he is on his way to being a man now.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Holy poo poo todays issue is crazy. I do not think that this is going to have a happy ending.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Might I ask for a brief spoiler summary? sounds interesting.

This happens
They find the following people beheaded by the whisperers
◾Olivia
◾Josh
◾Carson
◾Tammy Rose
◾Luke
◾Erin
◾Ken
◾Amber
◾Louie
◾Oscar
◾Rosita Espinosa
◾Ezekiel

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Someone mentioned that this book marks the end for the next compendium which "gave away" something big happening given the previous two compendium ends (Lori and Glen).

That's not true. The last one ended with them at the hilltop. Negan was not introduced yet. So it was 50 50 when it came to insane endings.

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Jul 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

therealjon_ posted:

Negan isn't a fan of rape, so clearly he is the man to destroy these people.

I would not be shocked if Rick released him to create as much damage as possible and it then biting him in the rear end.

• Locked thread