Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
G-Whizard
May 31, 2013
I really like the after prison lull. There is a lot of really cool story development that went on there. Especially the moment with the twin boys and what Carl does. (If this part is not included in the show in some way, they are fools.) They also had the whole herd scene in the show but that herd is bound to show up again and be the big issue for them in the later half of season 4. I'm also enjoying the current arc of the comic. I don't really know where it's going to go but I can feel a buildup to a major death. I get sense it'll be Rick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Whizard
May 31, 2013

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I'm honestly disappointed in myself for taking so long to realize how they're going to work this plot into the show.

Yeah, I assume that the girl that tortures animals and quite obviously killed the sick people is going to be the person that Carl ends up shooting. It's such a dark moment, but really I always thought it was totally badass and Carl is the best character in the comic. He's sort of a Shane type character, but really...this is the world they live in and you can't live in it without getting your hands dirty.

G-Whizard
May 31, 2013
drat, didn't realize this new issue was out. I glanced at diamondcomics last week and didn't see it on there. I might have seen it but assumed it was some sort of reprint. Crazy how fast he pumps them out now that it's bi-weekly.

G-Whizard
May 31, 2013

bobkatt013 posted:

Ha try 2! It also looks like Rick has gone crazier than before. I think we are getting to the end of Rick's story.

I can pretty much predict how this is going to go. Those new people are on the fence on whether or not Rick is actually crazy, but with Negan telling everyone Rick is crazy and then Rick having his random outbursts like this new issue, they'll be swayed to trust Negan. I'm guessing they release Negan and he kills Rick.

G-Whizard
May 31, 2013

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Nice to see the expectations defied.

Not sure how I feel about The Talking Dead though.

It's definitely the most out there thing that's happened. I assumed the character is crazy but going back and reading the page where they hear it again has me thinking he actually heard it. Very interested to see where they go with it.

G-Whizard
May 31, 2013

bigmike posted:

I'm surprised no one's thought that the guy is just crazy and hearing voices. Wouldn't be the first TWD character to hear voices.

I'm thinking that this is for sure what's going to happen...but why even bother trying to have us believe it is?

G-Whizard
May 31, 2013

zfleeman posted:

So, I stopped reading TWD about a year and a half ago because a) apathy and b) that dude with the tiger was really bonkers. Should I get back into it? Are people hot or cold on the series right now?

I think binge reading it will be a lot better. As of right now it's in a very interesting place with a pretty cool new threat.

G-Whizard
May 31, 2013

OldMemes posted:

There's so many great Negan lines that I hope they use, even with the network censorship limits. Next season, I really hope they adapt the issue where Carl visits the Saviour's base, not only because its a great issue, but so they can do Negan's 'you won't believe what I did to your son!' :smug: as a cliffhanger, only to have him pull the 'Look, I did nothing to your son :haw: as the start of the next episode.

Well they've already said they've filmed several of his scenes twice. Once with safe for TV language and once with the Negan potty mouth we all know and love. You'll of course need to purchase the Blu ray when it comes out to see that other version. Which is a pretty cool incentive to do so. I would assume the Netflix version will be the safe for TV version.

G-Whizard fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Jul 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Whizard
May 31, 2013

The Ninth Layer posted:

How many fucks per season does AMC give? I think BCS got two last season.

For some reason Walking Dead never uses theirs. They should just do it like Mr. Robot does and use it often but just blur it out or whatever. It's seriously unrealistic that characters never say gently caress.

• Locked thread