Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

jammyozzy posted:

This looks more like something they'd dig out of the ground in Ypres than a car. :stare:

I have no poo poo seen parts of a ship that haven't been operational or refurbished since the end of World War Two in better condition than this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Terrible Robot posted:

While he's at it he should probably check the tension on the differential girdle spring, it's probably way out of spec now.

My last girlfriend had this same problem.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Slung Blade posted:

One of the old guys who works the blacksmith shop with me in irricana on special events used to feed one of those when he was a kid. He's in his seventies now so I think it's been a thing earlier than the seventies.

Early torpedo boats, which were bleeding-edge tech back in the 1880s, usually wore out their hulls before their machinery. The hulls were scrapped and the engines and boilers ended up powering dockyard poo poo.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
If it results in more available organs for transplant patients, I'm all for an automatic transmission motorcycle.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

0toShifty posted:

I was driving though a church parking lot and I found the creepy volvo parking zone in the back corner

If this is a cult, I'd like to join. Especially if they issue 240s to new converts.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Captain Postal posted:

Northern Cape, South Africa

Megaweapon noooo

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Aparently it's a thing.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

GopherFlats posted:

lovely quality but the customer said they have no idea how it happened.

Was that a battery :stare:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

warcake posted:

Found on facebook, a quality roll cage.

Mad Max 5 looking good so far.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

`Nemesis posted:

At least nothing of value was lost

Somewhere a car exhaust fetishist is crying and he doesn't know why.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

veedubfreak posted:

I was thinking about this the other day when a brotruck was searing the back of my head with his headlights. How is this even legal to have a vehicle where the bumper is at the roof line of most other vehicles on the road and the headlights are at eye level.

I think it's one of those cases where the law code hasn't caught up to the depths of human idiocy yet. Like how Washington state didn't have a ban on bestiality until the Mr. Hands dude filmed himself getting hosed to death by a horse.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Enourmo posted:

Suspension, apparently.

:haw:

Oh that's good. That's real good.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Falken posted:

I wonder what noise this made.

A $$$ noise.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
There needs to be a new Godwin's Law variation involving Chlorine trifluoride. That stuff gets mentioned in so many goddamned threads.

Don't get me wrong, I love when it happens, but still.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Captain Postal posted:

Since we're talking horrible mechanical failures at Oxygen vs. Nitrogen (compounds)

tldr; BOC Gas installed gas lines at a hospital. Mixed up O2 and N2O lines in the neonatal care unit. One new-born baby dead, another is a vegetable.

Those poor loving parents' next kid is going to have a first rate college education thanks to the massive negligence payout they're gonna get from this.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Cojawfee posted:

You don't normally drive a honda fit at 90mph through the woods.

Maybe you don't.

OK I don't either because I have neither a Honda Fit or convenient woods to drive through.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Fifty Three posted:

:stare:

Thanks for the reference. I'd've had no idea.

Your avatar is making roughly the same face I'm making now looking at that photo.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

I have so many questions about this, but on reflection I think I can sum my thoughts up as:

"How in the name of what in the why?"

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Jan 6, 2017

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Pomp and Circumcized posted:

That's what you get for rolling coal.

If only.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
It's the jaunty wave the guy does that makes this video perfect.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

That's one hosed truck driver.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Lime Tonics posted:

Friendly reminder not to leave gas grills in your car, on hot days.

Something might go wrong.

edit : wait, it's stupider than that,

ORLANDO, Fla. — A man and his wife were burned Sunday when the woman lit a cigarette, sparking an explosion of a propane barbecue grill being transported in her SUV. The wife lit a cigarette as they left a barbecue at the Central Florida Fairgrounds on West Colonial Drive. The grill exploded moments later, police said. The blast caused the driver to crash into a pole. The vehicle sustained extensive damage. The couple was rushed to Orlando Regional Medical Center, with injuries described as not life-threatening, police said. Police said the grill was turned on and the propane tank was open in the back of the red Kia Sorento as the couple left the barbecue. The vehicle sustained extensive damage.

Good one, Bargearse.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Cojawfee posted:

That places way too much trust in ordinary drivers. Someone is going to pull out in front of one of those things, it falls over and someone else gets crushed to death.

I see you're unfamiliar with Dahir Insaat's particular brand of insanity. This is the dude who came up with a drive-in grocery store.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
It's nothing the aerospace equivalent of duct tape won't fix.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

xzzy posted:

God loving dammit Carl, do not tell me you just bombed my elevators again! :mad:

That plane crashed and everyone aboard died so it really isn't that funny.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

This is one of those rare videos where the commenters are smarter than the dudes in the video.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I almost did that windshield fluid into the wrong part of the car thing once. Then I noticed the big flapper valve-looking seal with a windshield on it and poured it into the correct tank instead.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

I know it didn't happen but I'm picturing that it straight up disintegrated except for that wheel and that other bit of debris.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Serves him right. Machine shops are not the place for ZZ Top cosplayers.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Midjack posted:

mc chris is a loving dickhead irl.

He's a nerdcore rapper, why is anyone surprised by this?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Cojawfee posted:

https://www.amazon.com/Car-Guy-Tools-Socket-Drive/dp/B078719VN1/

Under the "Add to list" drop down is a "Add to your Dash Buttons" link.

The product description is amazing.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

The amount of what can only be described as "butt hurt" in the box at the top of that article is just :allears:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

wesleywillis posted:

I've been camping the last few days, and when we were putting my brother's boat back on the trailer today, I mentioned that I never understood why the gently caress the safety chain at the bow just has a hook, and not a latching mech as well. (Not my brother's boat BTW).

Even if it was tied down all wrong, how loving hard did he have to brake for a loving cabin cruiser to get that much forward momentum?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Does burning chest hair count as a horrible mechanical failure?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Man discovers one simple trick to covert your engine from internal to external combustion, mechanics hate him!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

2020 California in car form.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

I just want to say I appreciate this reference.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

LifeSunDeath posted:

The whole time watching I can't see him on there so I'm assuming he jumped off, but then it just drives back into garage...that's loving dedication.

Something something, everyone's a certified forklift driver till a flaming zamboni driver shows up.

That zamboni ran on propane so the driver was trying to get it outside in case the fuel tank blew up, so it was half dedication and half survival instinct.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Memento posted:

"got a new socket set, but DeWalt pre-lost my 10mm for me"

Goddamn efficiency experts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

bird cooch posted:

This happened this morning

I'm sure that's totally going to be okay after seeing weird lateral forces.

It'll buff out. Don't worry about it.