Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poisonlizard
Apr 1, 2007

MRC48B posted:

where I worked, our shop had an air powered diaphragm pump, that you hooked up to the bottom, which sucked all the old oil out into the disposal tank. no pressurization nonsense needed.

which is good, because I'm not sure some of the people I worked with could have handled a complex procedure like "close this valve before you pressurize".

Where I worked, you had a shop boy (me) roll it out to the big 400 gallon barrel behind the shop and dump it manually. For exactly the same reason I think. Not everyone there could think that far ahead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

"got a new socket set, but DeWalt pre-lost my 10mm for me"

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

*10mm shortage due to covid

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Look, we had to shut the 10mm plant down due to the virus, we're making it up by shipping more 9mms in from overseas.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_qkzrasxi3z1r0uzl6.mp4

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

I just came here to post that, it was over in the OSHA thread. I haven't had a good sustained giggle like that in a long time.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Memento posted:

I had that with a set of wood drill bits, 2 of one size and one missing.

But the duplicate was the size I needed, and the only size I'd bought the pack to get, so ehhhhh.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

I like to imagine this is all one car.

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

:getin:

MRC48B posted:

which is good, because I'm not sure some of the people I worked with could have handled a complex procedure like "close this valve before you pressurize".

Looks like buddy in the video couldn't, either.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Memento posted:

Goddamn efficiency experts.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Off topic, but black sockets suck. They look all neato and fancy until you drop it when you're working on something and it doesn't hit the floor. Commence search for an hour... looking for something jet black in all the shadows, nooks and crannies.

They should all be lime green or hot pink :colbert:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

slidebite posted:

Off topic, but black sockets suck. They look all neato and fancy until you drop it when you're working on something and it doesn't hit the floor. Commence search for an hour... looking for something jet black in all the shadows, nooks and crannies.

yes something fluorescent, run a blacklight around and spot stuff immediately.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

slidebite posted:

I wish all my sockets were like my harbor freight deep well sockets, you can just memorize colors!! (and then lose that darn blue one all the time)

https://www.harborfreight.com/14-in-drive-metric-color-coded-deep-socket-set-10-pc-67868.html

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?
https://www.sheldonbrown.com/colorcode.html

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Just put some bright electrical tape on them. You need to distinguish imperial and metric anyways.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Memento posted:

So are you AvE? Cause he just now posts a vid about the same socket set:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2nlYoMnX9Y

Gomi Day
Nov 15, 2007

Trust me, Bill. Large spectacles lend distinction to any countenance, as I have reason to know.
Plaster Town Cop

LifeSunDeath posted:

the dewalt ratchets are MUCH better made than the new stanley stuff.
black coating sucks on either, however.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

black oxide is cheaper than chrome plating, so there's obviously a concerted effort by all these companies to sell BLACK EDITION as the pro version.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
There's apparently an effort to ban chroming entirely, so maybe they are just getting ahead of the game.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Goddamn efficiency experts.

Me: kann ich eine 10mm haben?
Germans: 9

I know they're not german, it's a joke

charliemonster42
Sep 14, 2005

LifeSunDeath posted:

Careful now, he uses Naughty Words.

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LifeSunDeath posted:

quoting this post without the video so people of all opinions can enjoy the post without being exposed to incredibly offensive language.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

charliemonster42
Sep 14, 2005

BurgerQuest posted:

quoting this post without the video so people of all opinions can enjoy the post without being exposed to incredibly offensive language.

You’re doing the Lord’s work, son.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Memento posted:

If that fits as a thread title...

wontondestruction
Dec 3, 2012

I'm a piece of human waste who supports a culture of using gendered slurs, that leads to 78.1% of women in STEM fields experiencing sexual harassment

BurgerQuest posted:

I am offended bc you didn't include the video.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Memento posted:

Jesus Christ

Space Gopher
Jul 31, 2006

BLITHERING IDIOT AND HARDCORE DURIAN APOLOGIST. LET ME TELL YOU WHY THIS SHIT DON'T STINK EVEN THOUGH WE ALL KNOW IT DOES BECAUSE I'M SUPER CULTURED.

charliemonster42 posted:

You’re doing the Lord’s work, son.

can you please post some more about how not-mad you are about people disliking a mediocre YouTuber who did some ok power tool reviews before he got high on his own farts

if you throw down another half-dozen "look how not mad I am" posts in a row then it might just show all those easily triggered snowflakes how right you are!

charliemonster42
Sep 14, 2005

Space Gopher posted:

can you please post some more about how not-mad you are about people disliking a mediocre YouTuber who did some ok power tool reviews before he got high on his own farts

if you throw down another half-dozen "look how not mad I am" posts in a row then it might just show all those easily triggered snowflakes how right you are!

No, I’ll freely admit that I’m still salty about it. For a variety of reasons, none of which are really worth going into on the internet, especially since we seem to live in a time where people seem to be committed to taking things out of context and inferring maximum offensive intent for things.

Gomi Day
Nov 15, 2007

Trust me, Bill. Large spectacles lend distinction to any countenance, as I have reason to know.
Plaster Town Cop
jesus christ, dude.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
This idiotic youtuber stanning isn't a horrible mechanical failure and I'm not sure why you chose this hill to die on.

Anyways here's an engine I saw on Facebook. A former engine, I guess.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

kastein posted:

This idiotic youtuber stanning isn't a horrible mechanical failure and I'm not sure why you chose this hill to die on.

That's, uh, impressive. Any idea what conditions that failed under?

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Also what was it? I got as far as V8 with a cam in the valley and got lost.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

I'm guessing a buttfuckton of nitrous and/or nitromethane, but I have no specific info on it. An old imgur post indicates it was in a racing boat.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
bet that made a noise

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

kastein posted:

Back with another one of those block rockn’ beats.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Midjack posted:

Back with another one of those block rockn’ beats.

Holy poo poo, I remember finding this song in my dad's MP3 folder almost twenty years ago.

antimatt
Sep 12, 2007

ultima ratio regum

Elviscat posted:

Holy poo poo, I remember finding this song in my dad's MP3 folder almost twenty years ago.

And now with this post I feel VERY old.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
I at least remember it new and hearing it on the radio. What an absolute banger.

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Remembering seeing them in the boiler room at a big day out circa 2003.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Krakkles posted:

Also what was it? I got as far as V8 with a cam in the valley and got lost.

Along with most of the constituents of that engine.