Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thebigcow
Jan 3, 2001

Bully!
Every car I've owned required a safari to find the transmission dipstick and fill point :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thebigcow
Jan 3, 2001

Bully!

kastein posted:

Try that on a unibody jeep sometime.

It worked fine on a Legacy and Jetta.

Can anyone recommend a jack stand pinch weld adapter?

thebigcow
Jan 3, 2001

Bully!
Hear the power, feel the noise!

No one brings turbine tractors to the pulls around here :(

thebigcow
Jan 3, 2001

Bully!
http://www.cyberpowersystems.com/products/ups-systems/pfc-sinewave-series/CP1500PFCLCD.html

I bought one for the server at work when our APC kept melting batteries and later bought one for home when Newegg had a good sale. No problems but its only been a little over a year.

thebigcow
Jan 3, 2001

Bully!
How much fluid is normal for a change anyway? I went through three quarts changing the presumably 14 year old fluid on my Mustang. The old stuff looked black :(

thebigcow
Jan 3, 2001

Bully!

8ender posted:

gently caress. I blame the SA app for me not being good at reading

You were right though, he was on the way.

thebigcow
Jan 3, 2001

Bully!
Our company truck is a 90s one ton Chevy with a ride height not that much greater than car and its amazing how much nicer loading and unloading the bed is over any other truck I've used in the last decade and change.

thebigcow
Jan 3, 2001

Bully!
Steam chat: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBdj-vOveiEFWe3vnGoJUag/videos

This guy has a steam powered machine shop. The belts are scarier than the steam engine.

thebigcow
Jan 3, 2001

Bully!
Just leave the doors hanging open, that's what we do on our Ford and it hasn't broken a door in twenty-ish years.

thebigcow
Jan 3, 2001

Bully!

Hugh G. Rectum posted:

Right turn signal on my Subaru is doing that right now. It doesn't fully go out but the change in resistance messes with the blinker circuit. Where did you get the connectors?

If the bulb is some kind of standard size you can get a connector for it, chop off the old one, put on new one with whatever is the fashionable way to connect and protect wires these days.

If its Subaru's own I guess you pay whatever they want.

thebigcow
Jan 3, 2001

Bully!

InitialDave posted:

I hope they at least let him count his distance as being to where it landed.

Distance is measured at the sled.

thebigcow
Jan 3, 2001

Bully!
Kwik Trip in Wisconsin sells bagged milk. I believe in bags.

thebigcow
Jan 3, 2001

Bully!
I think they have a different name in MN and IA. They have their own brands for everything and its generally pretty good, the downside is when you want something specific and they don't carry it because their shelves are full of their own brands.

thebigcow
Jan 3, 2001

Bully!

TotalLossBrain posted:

Those aren't bolts. It's a cheap lovely plastic cover.

Reminds me of a 90s ford truck

thebigcow
Jan 3, 2001

Bully!
Bright loving yellow with gray trim.

thebigcow
Jan 3, 2001

Bully!
That's because it was cherry picked photos. Get a few drinks in, video it all, and edit nothing.

thebigcow
Jan 3, 2001

Bully!

Previa_fun posted:

gently caress metal shift knobs too.

I found gloves with a thin leather palm and mesh backing just for this in the summer.

thebigcow
Jan 3, 2001

Bully!

Combat Theory posted:

Wow thanks Slavvy, you actually prevented me from selling the KTM for a ZX-6R which I planned for this year. But now I have to fix the oil leaks for good

Maybe he meant your bike specifically doesn't get any other oil to the head because it's broken?

thebigcow
Jan 3, 2001

Bully!

I hope that was a dedicated pulling truck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thebigcow
Jan 3, 2001

Bully!
I didn't take a picture but I got a bolt out with an ez out. The other bolt broke a drill bit and then somehow I had the start of two holes?? but got that one out with a spanner bit from my security screwdriver set.