Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Who hasn’t poured oil in without replacing the drain plug or putting a new filter on? Not me. Never. Especially not more than once.
I didnt put a filter on all the way. That was fun.

Luckily I knew how dumb I sometimes am and used a tarp that trapped about 5qts of oil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Slim Pickens posted:

Man I love it when a thread turns into a Reddit comment section, so cool, maybe we can run the same Futurama quote into the ground while were at it :razz: :razz: :razz:

um excuse me posted:

Formula for ignoring puns:

1. See image
2.Read first pun
3. Skip thread until next image.
Nothing makes me want to do puns more than someone saying not to do puns.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Deteriorata posted:

There's nowhere to park at the curb. There's a left turn lane in the center with no streets to turn left onto. Thus it became a parking area and nobody cared.
Until someone cared.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I ain't saying speed, but I got nabbed last month and I was scheduled for court but they just gave everyone reduced charges in the mail instead of cramming everyone in a courtroom.

80 in a 55 I was looking at like $800+ and points on my license.

Got 2 non-moving violations.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

LifeSunDeath posted:

Like, I've done bad poo poo driving, many years ago, I used to go 140mph in my GTI on the freeway, risking death, risking imprisonment...these were stupid times...but now IS NOT THE TIME!
I read this in vin diesels voice.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

slidebite posted:

Off topic, but black sockets suck. They look all neato and fancy until you drop it when you're working on something and it doesn't hit the floor. Commence search for an hour... looking for something jet black in all the shadows, nooks and crannies.

They should all be lime green or hot pink :colbert:
I wish all my sockets were like my harbor freight deep well sockets, you can just memorize colors!! (and then lose that darn blue one all the time)

https://www.harborfreight.com/14-in-drive-metric-color-coded-deep-socket-set-10-pc-67868.html

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Edward IV posted:

I don't know a thing about doing burnouts but, based on some of the comments, it looks like he got on the brakes too soon and too hard. Between the brakes grabbing harder than the clutch and the engine having enough torque and momentum at that moment to overcome the clutch's clamping springs and friction pads and not stall out, the clutch didn't stand a chance.

Are you even supposed to use the brakes during a burnout? That seems like a good way to destroy both your rear tires and brakes.
Unless you have a brake line lock that only holds the fronts closed you'll be using your brakes, yeah.

Clutch in, rev engine, clutch out left foot immediately on brake while keeping on gas. If you want the car to move instead of staying in place just never get on the brakes.

Source: own mustang. :q:

Cage fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Dec 23, 2020

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

wesleywillis posted:

Ah, and having the gall to complain about something a mod does is also probateable?

Got it.
Stop advocating for sexual assault, no one came to this thread to talk about sucking your balls or performing fellatio on an animal that can't consent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
So another $240 and he could've had a new wheel?