Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005
For what it's worth, I really liked Logitech G9s for the few hours they worked at a time. For some reason when connected to my computer they would work fine for maybe 4-5 hours and then refused to move any more. Even when moved to a different computer they never moved again. Clicked and scrolled and everything else though. Three of them later I decided just to stick with my old Copperhead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005
My Logitech G9X was having problems with right clicking sometimes, so I contacted support and they sent me a new mouse without even being able to find my receipt or anything. They don't even want the old one back so I'll use it in my garage or something. Logitech owns.

What's a good mouse pad for this thing? Usually I just use a good old fashioned rubber/neoprene fabric pad but if there's something that the laser is supposed to track better on I might be up for switching.

Lowclock fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Apr 28, 2012

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005

ZeeBoi posted:

My one year old Performance MX is suffering from left-click issues, i.e. it thinks I've double clicked even when I click hold.

Googling the issue it seems like a common thing. Anyone have a good fix or should I just contact Logitech?
I recently had the exact same problem with my G9X. I e-mailed logitech and they contacted me back right away to ask where to send the replacement. They didn't even want the old one or a receipt or anything.

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005
My G9X has no problem on a regular cloth mat with the DPI all the way up. Check and make sure there's not some dust or something on the sensor.

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005
Does anyone know if there's a way to get both the Logitech Gaming Software and Flowscroll to both coexist peacefully? I've tried various combinations of installing them in certain orders, but I'm always left with either LGS working and flowscroll not, or the other way around. I love the super precise creamy smooth scrolling from flowscroll, but I also really dig mouse macros.

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005

Goo posted:

The G502 also does not have a filter driver.

We go back and forth on whether to pre-assign commands and always go back to no, because we don't want to dictate how we think you should play the game. Ultimately the benefit from macro keys comes from finding ways that they can make your personal gameplay experience more efficient.
This reminds me. Is there ever going to be a fix so that Flowscroll and LGS can be installed at the same time? If LGS is installed, flowscroll won't install because it says a newer version is already installed. If flowscroll is installed, installing LGS will make it not work anymore. Setpoint and flowscroll work together just fine, but it's really crappy that LGS breaks one of my favorite things about my mouse. I've seen posts about this on logitech's forums, but it never really gets replies by anyone except customers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005
If you pop open the case of a G9x and blast the switch with some contact cleaner they come back good as new. I don't even bother taking the switch apart.