Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

AtomicManiac posted:

Holy crap, what kind of phones is everyone using here?

Not sure what people here are using, but I've always had the best luck with Sony Ericsson Cybershot phones as well as the Nokia N-Series (the N93 even has optical zoom wtf). Both brands have autofocus Zeiss-designed lenses on their mid-range to high-end phones. One thing you gotta keep in mind though- any phone, no matter how good the lens is, is going to have a tiny sensor which means you'll always get a little noise.

I hear the iPhone 3GS has a decent camera too, and you can focus by literally touching your subject on the screen which is loving awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

are there any apps for android that give you full manual control? Like manual shutter speed and ISO and focus, rather than dumb holga filters?

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

drat, the camera on the Galaxy S can give some really nice contrast:

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

if you're using it to view objects outside of the tube it's actually a teleidoscope :eng101:

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Android has manual WB, ISO, and EV +/- 2 stops :cool:

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

my awesome girlfriend gave me a 4s for christmas.

for some reason flickr recognizes it as an iphone 3g though.

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

http://olloclip.com/

just ordered an olloclip for my 4s. Blowing $70 on a phone accessory makes me feel kind of moronic but some of the results in the flickr pool are really nice.

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

the olloclip came in! so far I've only played with the macro attachment.

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

A few more from the 4S/Olloclip- drat this little thing is handy.

Bouillon Rube fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Jan 30, 2012

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

ghableska posted:

Oh hello cell phone photo thread! I took this series a while ago with my iPhone + CrossProcess, and I think they're still my favorite pictures I've taken.

IMG_0614 by ghableska, on Flickr

IMG_0635 by ghableska, on Flickr

IMG_0627 by ghableska, on Flickr

These are great- love the tones.

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

just a shot from a bike ride...nothing special I guess but I was really pleased with the lighting.

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

IMG_1090-2 by lwmyers, on Flickr

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Texas hill county sky, as seen by an Olympus XA by lwmyers, on Flickr

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Untitled by lwmyers, on Flickr

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Olloclip status: still stupidly fun

8028662426_eba0d682c9_o-2 by lwmyers, on Flickr

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

AIIAZNSK8ER posted:

What do you guys suggest to be the fastest and easiest way to transfer photos from the iphone to the ipad? Wirelessly if possible.

I just got an iPhone this morning and have gone on an app spree.

I might be wrong but I think that functionality is built into the Photo Stream feature? I don't have an iPad but my iPhone photos automatically end up in a folder on my PC's desktop within an hour or so of being taken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

These are loving incredible.

IMG_1477 by lwmyers, on Flickr