Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magicaljesus
Oct 18, 2006

Have you ever done this trick before?

Nea posted:

I'm coming up on graduating as an accounting major...

Do you know what kind of accounting role you will seek? Do you have a resume to use when you start looking for that role? If not, create one...or create several versions. If there isn't enough quality content on your resume, go get it now. Internships, volunteering, part time accounting work, etc. As a manager I strongly prefer relevant real world experience, and I'll pay for it. Absent that, I'd look at solid grades and enthusiasm for an entry level role. Since it's too late to fix your grades, go fix the experience bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magicaljesus
Oct 18, 2006

Have you ever done this trick before?

Smif-N-Wessun posted:

...Said director is actively looking to quit, has advised me to quit and to start applying as of yesterday, and my previous CFO before leaving had called us and advised us to quit. Yes it is that bad.

I had some personal poo poo happen and I couldn't apply right away when our last CFO left in January and told us to seriously get the gently caress out.

"Bad" as in going out of business, or "bad" as in it's just a terrible mess...or perhaps both?

If the organization is really bad and not realistically correctible, the writing will be on the wall. Unless there's a chance you'll not be receiving paychecks, CFO/Directors shouldn't be telling their downlines to abandon ship. There are a lot of executives who join organizations in disarray and simply can't/won't step out of their comfort zone. In many of these cases, the hiring committee simply omitted important the details about the state of the organization or they hired a resume rather than a person.

Magicaljesus fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Apr 9, 2024