Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
There is something I wanted to ask about getting your CPA license in California that I'm sure someone in this thread can answer.

I know there is a requirement for 1-2 years of general accounting experience supervised by a CPA with an active license stipulation required for those wanting to get their CPA license, but exactly what does that translate to in terms of work hours? Is it literally 40 hours a week for 52 weeks or what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
So I was wondering exactly what position I should be looking for exactly during my jobhunt. I graduated in 2010 with all the appropriate coursework in Accounting, but wasn't able to get any internships while I was in school, so I have basically no actual Accounting work experience, and I right now I'm just at a job I got through a Temp Agency as a File Clerk, so I only have basic office experience on my resume, along with my Accounting School work and some VITA(Volunteer Income Tax Assistance) program that I did a while back. Should I try to apply to Book Keeper/Tax Preparer positions that pop up on everywhere to try and build more work experience, or should I focus more on "Staff Accountant" or "Accounting Clerk" positions that I see a lot?

-Also, I am interested in getting my CPA done sooner rather than later, so should I just try to study for it and take it now even though I'm not working in any firm right now, or do you guys recommend me trying to secure a position within a firm first, and then study/take the tests for it?

I'm in Southern California btw, in case that helps.