Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Getting concerned boss wants to see if I can cut costs. Mate I already do collections if you want me to fo analysis O think I need more money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Yeah I'll hope he forgets that because look, I already do collections and accounts receivables. I don't need to do accounts payable and material analysis on a 22.50 usd on a southern californian budget.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I asked for dual monitors
They gave me one that isn't compatible with the other monitor.
I ask for the other of the same monitor so I can have dual screens
Weeks later they figured out the monitor is a tv/monitor that does not support dual screens.
I now have to wait again to see if said tv can be returned so I can actually have dual monitors so I can do my god drat job.

It has been 4 months. Why is it taking so long for one simple request to be completed?

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

It just seems like there isn't a single company out there that wants me to actually stay there long enough to retire.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Bad news
Got Maxxed out storage space for company data
Second time in a month with people car crashing into me, now have two instances of whiplash and spinal cord damage
Schedule Software now limits to only data ranges of once a week

Good news
Dual monitor setup finally done
Got birthday bonus
Getting x rays for my back today

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Democratic Pirate posted:

drat you must be super aggressive with the late payment notices :haw:

/s that sucks, sorry to hear that.

Thanks for condolences. Just trying to take things as low energy as possible to avoid aggravating injuries.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Forced to leave work
Now in hospital
Can't seem to walk or stand.
Paranoid about losing my job.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Neurologist said I am currently an enigma. No eta for how long i need work leave.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Made it home after a week of hospital.

Hopefully a third car won't come my way.

Is there a way to leverage stuff like my accident into my career?

EDIT: Is there a way to ask my bosses to pay for a quikbook subscription on my laptop so I can work remotely while I recover?

Back to work April 2024.

Annointed fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Apr 4, 2024

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I feel like a fool. I was clearing an account on quikbooks with an incorrect balance but instead credited to a wrong account. I have to wait until monday to fix my errors.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Good news

I learned of the duplicate feature in Quikbooks

Yay I can preserve the format of previous invoices and reduce workload.

Also how do you manage to do stuff like write invoices or process invoices at the rate of hundreeds at day? I am still struggling to complete one firm's entire client base's invoices within 3 days.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I think some of the people who wrote these client contracts suck. No contact information on them at all

Where are the phone numbers and emails. Why I have to look that all up myself to update on quikbooks.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I am concerned. I have been absent for a month of march due to being in 2 car crashes and hospitalized.

Now I hear that payments in some places are behind by months. Dang I guess no one can do my job in this workplace. I had to call so many places who weent "oh we'll process that invoice now" or "we justt received that invoice" on thinks I sent months ago. Why are people like this?

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Smif-N-Wessun posted:

This is a daily exercise in a post covid, understaffed, lean teams, outsourced everything world. For most companies, having just 1 person be gone for a while is going to send the business into a downward spiral.

Now I had to email a company to stay there while a person personally drives there to pick up the final check and drop off key, while another company yet again fails to direct deposit exact amount. Thud amout does not cover even half of their overdues.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Zoeb posted:

I got the job! And I am done with training! Its the first job I have had like it and I enjoy the work.

Congratulations! I hope you got paid a living wage!

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

PatMarshall posted:

Congrats Zoeb! OMG smif, they don't even know what type of entity they are? Yikes. Let me know if you are interested in public, I can reach out to some people at Deloitte, PwC, EY, CohnReznick, etc. Also sorry Annointed, sounds like you've been going through it. AR and AP are tough jobs, there's no sugar coating it.

Question how best to ask people why they take weeks to pay off invoices? It seems a lot of places just want to skimp on payments.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

PatMarshall posted:

Don't ask, there's no reason that matters. Just remind them the bill is due and you're not going to give up. That's all. They'll pay or they won't, but they can't ignore it if you make an issue of it. I hate this btw and can't stand this part of the job. But this is my own work I'm collecting and I get like 30 percent in pocket so you might want to find a better job depending on what they're paying you. You're cpa eligible right?

I mean I still need hours from a cpa first.

Right now I get paid 30k a year, 21.50 an hour for 32.5 hours a weei.

Annointed fucked around with this message at 06:35 on May 5, 2024

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Zoeb posted:

It's probably better if I don't tell you exactly what it is but I do get paid a living wage, albeit not as much as I might get at an accounting firm but the hours are fantastic. Solid 40 hours a week with no overtime and a nice chair.

The nice chair is very important. I been in two car accidents and am laden with chronic lower back pain, having a cozy desk is important to reduce strain.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

PatMarshall posted:

Don't ask, there's no reason that matters. Just remind them the bill is due and you're not going to give up. That's all. They'll pay or they won't, but they can't ignore it if you make an issue of it. I hate this btw and can't stand this part of the job. But this is my own work I'm collecting and I get like 30 percent in pocket so you might want to find a better job depending on what they're paying you. You're cpa eligible right?

Great now have a client that needs to be sued because they actively shut out my calls and mails.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

PatMarshall posted:

Yeah, it's normal. Send it to collections, did what you could. Sometimes it's a risk, I work with a lot of early stage funds, sometimes they fail and we get stiffed. Or flakes, that also happens, get what they need and disappear. I collect retainers these days.

Good news I got all the dipshits to cough up checks or at least say they'll pay their overrdues.

Recover lost data of invoices

And yell at boss to get off his lazy rear end and go overr bank records of lost checks. It his business why the gently caress is he not on top of this before I arrived

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Boss
Sure threaten to write me up for "being on phone" when I been bugging hour rear end to start dealing with your clients when they refuse to speak to me while doing all the tasks. For fucks sake just stop putting off your part of the tasks or we are never getting them done.

I normally am not irritated with my boss but with him pestering me to get all these clients to pay overdues, but him knuckle dragging on the stuff that requires his input just pisses me off.

Annointed fucked around with this message at 00:42 on May 10, 2024