Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chow-King
May 24, 2003

"I could kiss you on the nuts."
What's the consensus on best CPA review course? Top 3 results on Google are Becker, Roger and Yaeger. Anyone hear anything good about Roger? I'm leaning towards that since it's over a thousand bucks cheaper than Becker. But I would be willing to pay more depending on the result.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chow-King
May 24, 2003

VanishXZone posted:

I graduated December 2010 with a BS in Accounting from a small southern private college. The accounting department was sold to me as being the best in the area (and it was great) but the school is so small so no one came to campus to recruit and the school's career center is useless ("oh you just need to go out and network"). I was going to try to get a job with the IRS, but the Revenue Agent hiring earlier this year was cancelled for budgetary reasons. So I've spent the last 9 months applying to jobs online and the best I've managed is two interviews that ended with "sorry, you just don't have enough experience." I'm broke so I can't afford CPA review, much less to take the exam, same with GMAT so Grad school is out. I don't mean to throw a pity party, but what do I need to do differently?

Get a job in AP or AR to get your foot in the door. At least you can save up some money to start studying for your CPA. That will be your best bet going forward. The CPA will open doors for you.

Chow-King
May 24, 2003

I'm currently studying for the CPA and will be finished within a few months. I've been working in the GL department of my company for about a year. My direct boss isn't a CPA though and wouldn't be able to sign off on the paperwork to become a CPA, but my boss's boss is a CPA. Could he sign off in my boss's place?

Chow-King
May 24, 2003

OG KUSH BLUNTS posted:

Nope

Care to expand on that?

Chow-King
May 24, 2003

Anyone here have any experience with Randstad Finance and Accounting? I got a call from one their recruiters asking me to come in and meet with them. Are they legit or am I getting scammed here?