Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kal Torak
Jul 17, 2003

When Giles sends me on a mission, he says "please". And afterwards I get a cookie.
I'm a Canadian and on my way to getting my CA designation. Just wrote the UFE in September (fingers crossed).

Being an accountant isn't for everyone, but it's also what you make of it. I hate audit. Hate it with a passion. But I need 1250 assurance hours befor I can get my designation, so it is what it is. If I had to spend my life in audit for a Big 4, I would shoot myself.

But there are plenty of industry jobs out there for CA's. There are also other public sectors such as Tax and Valuations that may or may not peak your interest. And that's just for a CA...there are two other designations (CMA, CGA) that open other doors as well. Although I wouldn't expect to get paid nearly as much with either of those two.

What I am trying to say is that answering the OP's question is virtually impossible. Being an accountant is not for everyone, but it's also different among those in the profession. It is what you make it. But having the letters CA behind your name open a whole lot of doors in this country.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU