Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pocket pool
Aug 4, 2003

B U T T S

Bleak Gremlin
My wife is currently a CPA working as an auditor at a Big Four accounting firm. Recently, she has really wanted to find a new job, primarily due to a really ridiculous amount of extra hours, travel and the general stress associated with the job. Reading through the thread I see that a ton of this is kind of "just the way it is", but I'd really like to help her find something that reduces the amount of stress she is dealing with.

Has anyone else gone through a similar situation and found something that thought was significantly improved? Was there some other change, job-wise, that you went through that improved things?

(Note, I'm totally dumb regarding the field, haha. So, I may not be able to have any meaningful conversation about it.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pocket pool
Aug 4, 2003

B U T T S

Bleak Gremlin

Harry posted:

Does she have like no idea what she wants to do? A CPA working for a Big 4 isn't exactly lacking in opportunities.

No I don't think she's really all that sure what she wants to do.