Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

renholder
Feb 12, 2006
Ghost of Perdition

hellboundburrito posted:

I'm with a Big 4 and only audit private companies, and one thing we've been discussing a lot lately is FIN 48 implementation for private entities. If you're interviewing with a smaller firm that deals mostly with privately held clients you might impress an interviewer with some knowledge about that. As another poster said we are also looking at IFRS although that is a bit further down the road for us.

i am curious if you mean something else besides fin 48, since the effective date is 2006, or you have businesses with a lot of questionable tax deductions? I work primarily in bank accounting and the major hot button stuff is still allowance for loan and lease losses, fair value accounting, and other than temporary impairment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

renholder
Feb 12, 2006
Ghost of Perdition
ah, ok. what kind of issues do you come up with fin 48 implementation at private companies? just curious