Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bahama.Llama
Aug 17, 2006

Scary Money

brad industry posted:

This guy has so much awesome stuff on his site it's taken me 2 days to go through it all

http://www.luissanchis.com

This stuff is awesome, however some of it is :nws:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bahama.Llama
Aug 17, 2006

Scary Money

Click here for the full 1000x667 image.

Image 32 of 55: IVAN ALVARADO (March 1: Constitucion, Chile) posted:

“Take my picture with the dog,” the survivor tells me. I take it as if ordered to, and see that his face shows tremendous pain. “I lost my home, the sea took my son and my wife, and this is all that was left. I can’t leave the dog here. He was my son’s.” He pauses. “I found my wife (alive), but my boy is still missing.” Before he finishes speaking I lower my camera and cry. I walk together with him thinking what to say to lessen his suffering, but there is only silence. I never sent this poorly-focused photo of the earthquake survivor. The preconception of what makes a good photograph, the aesthetics, the layers of composition, and the sharpness or lack of it, all became reasons not to choose it. It was some time later when I realized that the sadness of the out-of-focus man with his pet is still transmitted as pain and devastation even through the picture’s technical defects, and banishes all the photographic concepts I hold true in my own little world.

:smith:

Free lesson right there. I usually take pictures of birds who don't as frequently show emotion in a manner that can be that can be captured in a still, but drat. Thanks for the link. Heads up: There are some :nms: ones at the end.

• Locked thread