Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

This was from last night's Flyers win over New Jersey :woop: and I really liked it. From Len Redkoles of Getty Images.

I like it because Chris Pronger is a big motherfucker (6'6" and about 220 lbs) and it comes across well here. He looks like he's about to murder someone. I like it as well because it reminds me to look for more things like this at sporting events as opposed to just sticking to the action of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

wickles posted:

Is that a thin strand of spit hanging from his chin?

If you're talking right next to his chinstrap, I think that's a reflection off his teammate's visor.

Edit: Holy poo poo it is :lol:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Jonathan Quick is 6'1". Thanks to some fun with angles, one of the Kings' photographers makes him look god damned enormous. Linked because it looks better large.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Kazy posted:

Is there any EXIF data for that shot? I want to know if he used a fisheye or what to get him entirely within the frame.

I wish. :sigh: It's from FlyingLemur's hi-res photo thread over in SAS.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

ZoCrowes posted:

This looks right out of those Amazon Kindle stop-motion ads and I love it.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Dang I love those.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Thoogsby posted:

Cristina De Middel - This is what hatred did
http://www.lademiddel.com/this-is-what-hatred-did.html

wow these are really striking

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Ric posted:

By Ian Forsyth, originally posted here

holy poo poo

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Karl Barks posted:

I really like the City of Boston Archives Flickr account. It's mostly photos from 1900-1970~, and there are some really cool shots in there of old Boston.

There are thousands of them, if you're bored and got some time I recommend flipping through it.

These are very cool. Awesome find

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Soopafly posted:

It's time for those year-end review things I guess. Some great stuff in here, especially the recent assassination of the Russian ambassador. That one is still giving me goosebumps.

Burhan Ozbilici has the definition of brass balls. He couldn't be more than 10-15 feet from that gunman. :stare: what a shot

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah that guy seemed more like he wanted attention and to only kill that one guy instead of taking out the whole room, but there's no way you'd know that in the moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

8th-snype posted:

lol bet he got banned for nipples

yeah i'm guessing this was it

• Locked thread